sharetrader
Page 160 of 840 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 8391

Lots of questions by Greg from First Capital on this call!

Overall sounds fairly positive, but I must say I wasn't blown away by the update or presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Lots of questions by Greg from First Capital on this call!

Overall sounds fairly positive, but I must say I wasn't blown away by the update or presentation.
    Interesting

What prompted that statement
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Can someone please crunch the numbers on EPS for FY18 taking into account the new shares issued at the half way point of the year, i.e weighted average EPS this year and calculate this at the mid point of the forecast range and compare to last year's EPS to calculate EPS profit growth forecasted for FY18. Hound is too busy today to chew the fat but would like to know a quick real calculation of estimated EPS growth after last year's (from memory) pretty ordinary 4% ? EPS growth. Shame they had to discount the shares so heavily to get this issue away, suppose that's a product of the current uncertain environment, yesterday's Arivida discount was pretty heavy as well.
    Yes Snoops, they are keen for more capital and I for one am pleased to only hold the bonds and not holding out much hope of a premium to the conversion price of $3.75 any more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-09-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Interesting

What prompted that statement
    It sounds like they are keen for more M&A's which will require additional capital and they said they would likely come back to the market if another opportunity presented itself. They are looking to extend their banking facility with BNZ and are also going to search for another bank to compliment the relationship.

I didn't think they answered the questions that well, especially when the NBR asked why there wasn't a rights issue. I finding Todd a fairly unspiring speaker in general and all they did was read one by one off the slides.

It's a sound business with growth ahead, but it does seem that they've stretched themselves financially with so many aquisitions - albeit this is diversifying their revenue and creating an established model with good organic growth ahead.

I'll still be partcipating in the SPP - but the scale down is going to be huge, considering it's only 5 million.

percy

I much prefer rights issues.
    SPPs I loath.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Going Pro on providing financial services to Accountants

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Can someone please crunch the numbers on EPS for FY18 taking into account the new shares issued at the half way point of the year, i.e weighted average EPS this year and calculate this at the mid point of the forecast range and compare to last year's EPS to calculate EPS profit growth forecasted for FY18. Hound is too busy today to chew the fat but would like to know a quick real calculation of estimated EPS growth after last year's (from memory) pretty ordinary 4% ? EPS growth. Shame they had to discount the shares so heavily to get this issue away, suppose that's a product of the current uncertain environment, yesterday's Arivida discount was pretty heavy as well.
    Yes Snoops, they are keen for more capital and I for one am pleased to only hold the bonds and not holding out much hope of a premium to the conversion price of $3.75 any more.
    Yeah, done that, send komodo crypto-coins and I will send result .

And for everybody else I get an EPS increase range of 2.9% to 10.0%.
    Obviously there is a bit of a 'margin of error' on those figures.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I much prefer rights issues.
    SPPs I loath.
    Same here.
    I'm partial to a DRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Just as well for weighted average number eh - wont be waited next year!

So current PE could be a lot higher than EPS growth?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    LOL.... that sort of growth does not get the tail wagging much. This capital raise...hmmm, the hounds nose detects something a little fishy. Shares have been in a steady downtrend for a while and some bulls on here reckoned we were looking at 25% growth this year. (cough cough). Will run my own abacus over it when I get time before deciding on SPP. Sorry I'm a bit short on the crypto-coins my furry feline friend
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Just had a look through the presentation. I guess you either believe the story and buy into it....or you don't and move out of them. For the time being I am in with stock and bonds.

Hope this is not a silly question...

What is the difference between a placement and a share purchase plan (SPP) ?
    Is the placement already made to their mates ( for lack of a better way to describe it)....and the SPP an offering that may be scaled to their existing share holders ? Who might their mates be ? (if I have it right)