sharetrader
Page 181 of 840 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 8398

Default Is Grant Baker making wishy washy his trade mark?

Grant Baker is Chairman of both TRA and TIL.
    It is his responsibility ultimately to have clear communication with share holders.
    I think the communication with this capital raising for TRA and past communication related with TIL have been well short.
    This is very disappointing as TIL is a marketing company and one would think it depends on the skills to convey clear messages.
    I am wondering if Grant has the drive to attend to the finer details chairing companies like TRA and TIL require.
    Last edited by forest; 13-10-2017 at 11:03 AM.

You need "detail" skills to put together offer documents. If you haven't got those skills within your organisation you get consultants in who do. This is the most basic level of professionalism I expect from Companies in which I invest. The fact that these skills are not being displayed begs the question, (at least in my mind) as to the level of professionalism throughout the rest of the company.

It is worth noting that HBL has increased in SP by 75% in the last 3 years plus dividends whereas Turners have increased just 27% plus dividends against the NZX50 benchmark of a 52% increase. In my opinion it is worthwhile pondering if the basic level of professionalism lacking in this SPP offer might be affecting the company in other ways too ?

The leaders set the tone for the whole organization...if they're not displaying top notch professional skills then...

Noted in the results presentation by this observer was that they can issue shares for future acquisitions. I for one wonder if they play a little fast and loose with share issues chasing growth (perhaps for purposes of their own self actualization and reward) at the expense of pretty modest EPS growth. You see that reflected in the SP performance over the years which is below the NZX50.
    Others are entitled to their opinion absolutely, but in mine the lack of professionalism and the manner in which the company promotes itself with its growth is a little disconcerting with such modest historical EPS growth.

Another just "average" N.Z. company in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    . You see that reflected in the SP performance over the years which is below the NZX50.

Another just "average" N.Z. company in my opinion.
    Fair enough what you write, just be a bit careful though when comparing apples with oranges. For a high dividend paying company such as TRA, its not really fair to compare the SP vs the NZX50 which in itself has constituents paying high dividends. Maybe best to compare vs the capital index?

I agree with beagle

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Grant Baker is Chairman of both TRA and TIL.
    It is his responsibility ultimately to have clear communication with share holders.
    I think the communication with this capital raising for TRA and past communication related with TIL have been well short.
    This is very disappointing as TIL is a marketing company and one would think it depends on the skills to convey clear messages.
    I am wondering if Grant has the drive to attend to the finer details chairing companies like TRA and TIL require.
    I agree with this, and have held this view for over a year now. Same could possibly be said of Geoff Ross, the other Business Bakery partner who is also former chairman of TIL and CEO of MOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyb0y View Post
    I agree with this, and have held this view for over a year now. Same could possibly be said of Geoff Ross, the other Business Bakery partner who is also former chairman of TIL and CEO of MOA.
    Get over it - we need to realise that retail shareholders are a real pain and this is how we treat them.
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

A lot of noise here.
    Luckily I am deaf.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A lot of noise here.
    Luckily I am deaf.!!!
    That's why you in the big end of town eh percy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That's why you in the big end of town eh percy
    Exactly.
    Do your own research,and each time the company you invest in, does what it says it will do,buy more.
    If they don't sell.
    It really works.!!.
    Only way to be always "well positioned."

ps.I do like companies where the directors/management have a lot of skin on the line.
    Last edited by percy; 13-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A lot of noise here.
    Luckily I am deaf.!!!
    Too funny mate. Time for this hound to move on from this and go sniffing elsewhere in search of the next hunt.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine