sharetrader
Page 195 of 840 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 8398
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lot of buses to catch these days .....can’t catch them all can we .....have to get on the fastest bus I reckon.
    Fantastic ,and the commentators were telling us the market was fully priced.!!!

I was conversing last week with a used vehicle salesperson who moaned about the lack of buyers. He also said the chatter around the trade is of depressed sales.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I was conversing last week with a used vehicle salesperson who moaned about the lack of buyers. He also said the chatter around the trade is of depressed sales.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Yes I would expect Turners growing retail business is affecting a lot of dealers.

Default Some objectivity is LONG overdue

Number of registered dealers up 7% to 3,500 (an increase of 37% since 2012)
    •Additional supply and increased competition leading to some margin pressure
    Extract from Turners recent market update.
    There's also a heck of a lot of unregistered dealers, people can bring up to six vehicles in from overseas per annum and resell them without an official dealer license.
    The growth of Trade Me, autotrader and other digital channels is relentless. Anyone who thinks digital channels aren't impacting the traditional model is kidding themselves.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Extract from Turners recent market update.
    There's also a heck of a lot of unregistered dealers, people can bring up to six vehicles in from overseas per annum and resell them without an official dealer license.
    The growth of Trade Me, autotrader and other digital channels is relentless. Anyone who thinks digital channels aren't impacting the traditional model is kidding themselves.
    Fierce competition in all sectors,retirement,medical supplies,retail,yet those listed companies with a strong brand,good management and great service seem to be able to rise above the crowd,FPH,EBO,HBL,HLG,FRE,MFT,and RYM come to mind.
    Turners with their strong brand,good vehicles,finance and insurance,plus very strong digital delivery of those services ,will see them stand out from the crowd.Real guarantees means peace of mind motoring.
    Up 9 cents today to finish at $3.26.The momentum is building.
    Last edited by percy; 04-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.

IMO

OOOOh yuck something wet and sticky has dropped on my face. Not again,Its another cliche and its all over my shirt. Who said piggies cant fly ehhh!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question How can you write that in a straight font

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Some objectivity is LONG overdue

Stop it, you're killing me !
    om mani peme hum

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I have the total opposite experience, I just had a chat with a dealer in NZC in Penrose, they have just purchased an extra site just to hold vehicles because of the massive boom in 2nd hand car deals. The site is next door holding around another 100 vehicles which now they have a problem to get them all complied in time. I think the industry is still in boom phase, lets wait 12 months and see

Investor

No more red arrows in my portfolio, nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    No more red arrows in my portfolio, nice.....
    I could say the same if it wasn't for MPG, however I don't think that red arrow is ever going away