sharetrader
Page 205 of 840 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 8393

Auto loans and securitisation interesting topic at the moment

Quite a few concerns about Auto ABS and some commentators say could be the next subprime disaster

Don’t know much about situation this part of the world but securitisation becoming pretty popular.

But as long as punters pay the car loan before the mortgage we’ll be OK ....but can you not pay the landlord?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If you are buying a Japanese import and are worried about radioactive isotopes ask the dealer if the car was sourced from the Tokyo Bay area or Osaka and the Inland Sea. They are two geographically separated areas with cars shipped from the Osaka unlikely to have come from Fukushima or environs.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good they've stopped the stink bugs this time...something you can see... but in a quite moment once or twice over the last few years I sometimes wonder about second hand imported cars coming from certain parts of Japan and things you can't see. Probably just being over cautious but then again I've never noticed anyone offering to loan me a Geiger counter at a second hand car yard so I can check for myself. You never really know 100% do you ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukush...clear_disaster
    Turners being such a reputable company would run a Geiger counter over every second hand Japanese import so customers are 100% safe, surely they wouldn't take the slightest chance with customers wellbeing, or would they even think to do this ?
    You can really rely on every second hand auction site in Japan to make sure their cars are 100% radiation free, or can you ? Export documents never get forged and corners never get cut, or does the ugly side of human nature and greed come into it sometimes ? Just a thought. Probably a very, very low chance you'll get radiated but it might be worth checking first ?
    Disc: I have never bought a Japanese used import and probably never will.
    Would you buy one from the Chernobyl district ?
    I guess if radioactive angst is your thing, than better stop sourcing any food from overseas. People don't eat cars and cars didn't grow in the Fukushima region neither. People however eat fruit and vegetables - and they are grown in many of the worlds most radioactive polluted countries (like Ukraine, Russia, US (Nevada desert), Australia (mining areas), South Pacific (French Polynesia) ...

No risk at all that you can get contaminated in a properly cleaned up second hand Japanese car (unless Putin's mafia spiced it up for you with Pollonium), even if it was used in the restricted area, unless they did park it in the heavy water containers in Daiichi, but in this case you wouldn't have any joy with your car anyway.

However - next time you eat some of these cheap frozen berries from the Ukraine - or seafood which might originate from the Northern hemisphere - or worse - from near the French Pacific nuclear bomb test sites, or if you eat (dried or tinned) mushrooms from Eastern Europe or wheat from Russia, than it might be a good idea to use your Geiger counter. In all these cases the risk of contamination is very real, and obviously - taking the stuff into your body exponentially increases the health risk!

Heard as well that NZ Customs is using radioactive fumigation for certain fruit and vegetables (e.g. strawberries and tomatoes - I think flowers as well) ... obviously they claim its all safe (which means the remaining radioactivity is below a certain level) - but before you worry about radioactive cars, better stop eating anything coming from overseas - and be very aware what flowers you give your wife.

Discl: owning at current two German made cars (everybody makes mistakes ; ... but love Toyota's and am likely to buy next time one of them again - my Camry and my Corolla have been the two best and most reliable cars we ever owned.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-02-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: work in progress ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Would you guys please stop this.
    I am starving hungry and getting ready for my tea.
    Beef sausage from Pak'nSave could contain anything.?
    You are driving me to drink.My occasional glass of shiraz may not be enough tonight.!
    Enjoyed a lovely bit of pig last night.Country of origin unknown.
    Last edited by percy; 28-02-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Auto loans and securitisation interesting topic at the moment

Quite a few concerns about Auto ABS and some commentators say could be the next subprime disaster

Don’t know much about situation this part of the world but securitisation becoming pretty popular.

But as long as punters pay the car loan before the mortgage we’ll be OK ....but can you not pay the landlord?
    The punters can sleep in the car so it should take precedence over the greedy Landlord

percy

"Where there is muck there's brass".
    Guess the same goes for "end of life vehicles",better known to me as "wrecks".
    Therefore, renewing Suncorp agreement for five years is positive.

transferred from the CBL thread (as part of the competition to guess which companies might be next ...

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post

That said, here goes, ranked highest to least; OHE, TRA and NZO.
    Sorry, missed that initially. I would be interested to learn why you think TRA is likely to follow CBL going down the gurgler. However - given that this is the CBL thread - is it o.k. we continue the discussion on the TRA thread?

Here we go -
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess if radioactive angst is your thing, than better stop sourcing any food from overseas. People don't eat cars and cars didn't grow in the Fukushima region neither. People however eat fruit and vegetables - and they are grown in many of the worlds most radioactive polluted countries (like Ukraine, Russia, US (Nevada desert), Australia (mining areas), South Pacific (French Polynesia) ...

No risk at all that you can get contaminated in a properly cleaned up second hand Japanese car (unless Putin's mafia spiced it up for you with Pollonium), even if it was used in the restricted area, unless they did park it in the heavy water containers in Daiichi, but in this case you wouldn't have any joy with your car anyway.

However - next time you eat some of these cheap frozen berries from the Ukraine - or seafood which might originate from the Northern hemisphere - or worse - from near the French Pacific nuclear bomb test sites, or if you eat (dried or tinned) mushrooms from Eastern Europe or wheat from Russia, than it might be a good idea to use your Geiger counter. In all these cases the risk of contamination is very real, and obviously - taking the stuff into your body exponentially increases the health risk!

Heard as well that NZ Customs is using radioactive fumigation for certain fruit and vegetables (e.g. strawberries and tomatoes - I think flowers as well) ... obviously they claim its all safe (which means the remaining radioactivity is below a certain level) - but before you worry about radioactive cars, better stop eating anything coming from overseas - and be very aware what flowers you give your wife.

Discl: owning at current two German made cars (everybody makes mistakes ; ... but love Toyota's and am likely to buy next time one of them again - my Camry and my Corolla have been the two best and most reliable cars we ever owned.
    LOL There's some very strange colored cars around and I think my worry about irradiated cars out of Japan might have been a prejudice built upon some cars that simply look like they've been subjected to this because of their absolutely heinous colour, e.g. https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...9b30fcda6d1e55 This particular one is N.Z. New so you're probably safe with this one provided you can stand the colour !
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-03-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Very nice.
    Looked even better on the F type Jaguar I saw yesterday.?
    Last edited by percy; 04-03-2018 at 12:37 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    transferred from the CBL thread (as part of the competition to guess which companies might be next ...

Sorry, missed that initially. I would be interested to learn why you think TRA is likely to follow CBL going down the gurgler. However - given that this is the CBL thread - is it o.k. we continue the discussion on the TRA thread?

Here we go -
    He is certainly living up to his name.!..lol.