sharetrader
Page 208 of 840 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 8398
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting. Speaking with the GM of one of the major franchise real estate agencies this morning, the online channels like Trade Me is slightly undermining the traditional real estate sales model. I for one think the same thing is happening with used cars and have noted quite a significant difference in the growth of new cars sales which have been very strong to the modest growth TNR are experiencing through their more traditional sales channels. I do note however that TNR are partnering up to a significant extent with Trade Me for some of their auction sales and Buy Right cars have their stock listed on Trade Me as well. A case of if you can't beat them, join them ?

LOL Percy, you're incorrigible ! I think you'll find the yield might be "slightly" better over at HLG..but I think you know that already
    Yes Turners have a very good online sales channel.Vehicles,finance and insurance.And with a money back guarantee.Expect it is going gangbusters.
    And yes I hold HLG for yield.Have also increased our MEL holding.MEL gross yield expected to rise from 9.3% to 9.4%.
    Also have been having a lot of fun selling out of a lot of my small cap Aussie specs,.
    Have a growing cash holding, which will soon grow even larger with HBL,MEL,TRA and MEL divies.
    The cash pile gives me the "fire power", to act quickly should TRA's update be as good as I expect.
    You could say I am "well postioned" and you would be right.
    Last edited by percy; 05-03-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Pssssss...don't tell anyone so keep it quiet but there's a rumour going around that the Business bakery group have appointed Percy to be the one writing the headlines and content of the next few annual reports going forward. It was apparently decided that Jascinda's relentless positivity has nothing on Percy's skills and even the finest Public relations consultants who are experts in the field at making silk purses out of sow's ear's have nothing on Percy's skills.
    Expect frequent use of the term "gang busters" and the absolute minimum disclosure of real EPS only as legally required, (and then in the smallest fine print possible tucked as far back in the annual report as legally allowed). HUGE GROWTH will feature prominently with never a mention of lack of EPS because that doesn't matter anymore...
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

When you prepare a vegetable garden you start with the soil and good compost.Time building solid foundations whether it is vegie garden or business are the same.Same in anything we do.Researching stocks it pays to understand the business.Do the foundations of research well, and you will invest successfully.
    A few of the businesses which have solid foundations in NZ are EBO,FRE,FPH,HBL,MFT, and RYM.
    TRA are the leading second hand car dealer business in NZ.Scale of business is growing in not only vehicle sales,but finance and insurance as well.
    A simple business,with strong growing revenue streams. Good cash flow,low impairments.The "core" divisions of the business have been bulked up,vechicle sales,finance and insurance.
    Should we look back 2,3,4 or 5 years we can see just how much the business of TRA has been improved.
    Rock solid foundations, to keep paying Percy fully imputed quarterly dividends.
    A NZ business improving the lifestyle of NZders.
    Today's PE ratio is 11.16.

Here's the problem Percy. 3-4 years ago the shares were 28 cents and you were a huge supporter back than and continually have been. They have since had a 10:1 share consolidation and overall the shares have gone nowhere. Company profits are growing but they issue so many new shares to achieve that growth it effectively renders the growth useless and the lack of any capital growth in the shares when the market overall has performed splendidly in that time reinforces my viewpoint. In case you think previous years share issues were an aberration they won't be. Expect many more shares to be issued in Sept 2018 when the convertible notes mature. Perhaps you have a point, (who can claim to know the future with absolute certainty, certainly not me), and at some stage in the future the company can achieve meaningful EPS growth of some substance or other but I would counter with a rhetorical question of why bother hoeing this ground endlessly when there's SUM other far more obviously fertile places to look for a future harvest ? Anyway good luck with it mate, I think we've debated it enough.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-03-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes certainly getting like flogging a dead horse.
    The next update/result maybe the key to TRA's future.
    I know it will mean a great deal to me.
    I am ready to either buy more or sell down/out.
    Last edited by percy; 05-03-2018 at 06:06 PM.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/stink-...es-da-p-213306

Stink bug problems more serious than earlier thought. Prolonged shipping delay's expected. Several ships now turned away and no quick resolution in sight. Stock shortages starting to bite across the industry. New vehicle stock also affected as they're shipped on the same ships as used cars.

percy

Read TRA's announcement,27/02/2018.
    Opportunities for them.

No I did not write the announcement.
    Last edited by percy; 05-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Banned

I reckon the TRA thread is the new PEB, let's hope the stock ends up doing a little better.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I reckon the TRA thread is the new PEB, let's hope the stock ends up doing a little better.
    This thread requires your clarity of vision.
    A Couta1 model such as you "world famous" [on sharetrader] RYM,SUM,OCA variable real time price model.
    This standard has stopped pages of discussion on each of these companies.
    Savvy investors only need to know the price of one,to know what the price of the other two should be.
    Maybe TRA,HBL,and CMO.??
    NB.
    All day everyday TRA are earning profits for shareholders,via,vehicle sales,finance and insurance,while everyday PEB are earning profits solely for directors/staff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This thread requires your clarity of vision.
    A Couta1 model such as you "world famous" [on sharetrader] RYM,SUM,OCA variable real time price model.
    This standard has stopped pages of discussion on each of these companies.
    Savvy investors only need to know the price of one,to know what the price of the other two should be.
    Maybe TRA,HBL,and CMO.??
    NB.
    All day everyday TRA are earning profits for shareholders,via,vehicle sales,finance and insurance,while everyday PEB are earning profits solely for directors/staff.
    I'm working on it Percy, my preliminary calculations are showing a ratio of 4:2:1 with CMO being worth double TRA and four times HBL. It's getting late and I need my beauty sleep, so watch this space for further info on Couta's Reversion to the Mean Model, Mark 2.
    Last edited by couta1; 05-03-2018 at 10:43 PM.