sharetrader
Page 227 of 840 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have to concede TA doesn't look especially encouraging right at the minute
    There are some encouraging signs using different methods.
    Eg over the last two months we have seen a 5 wave impulse followed by a 3 wave correction
    The correction demonstrated divergence in the RSI (blue lines)
    That correction would appear to have reversed on strong volume

Attachment 9708
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Now that you are in the tent, the old dog has seen the light
    That's what happens when the tent material is rose colored, you see things differently

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    There are some encouraging signs using different methods.
    Eg over the last two months we have seen a 5 wave impulse followed by a 3 wave correction
    The correction demonstrated divergence in the RSI (blue lines)
    That correction would appear to have reversed on strong volume

Attachment 9708
    Thanks mate. Not just the early "bird" that gets the worm is it
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Hey Percy, I've now got the same number of shares as yourself but not as many as you and your wife combined. Now I can do my ramp, I reckon there is around $1 upside here over the next 18 months plus divvies, on a current PE of 10, what's not to like. After the latest result the business has been derisked further to boot. PS-As we have seen with other stocks over time, the market can be very slow to wake up.

What would it take for us to get into the NZX50?
    At the AGM, Grant Baker said it was their goal to get into the NZX50.

TRA have a current market cap of $251 million.
    Looking at who's above us in the NZX50, we have CVT ($271M) and NZX ($300M).
    Seems like we need a 20% boost to the share price to get over CVT and NZX, about $3.55.

If we make it into the NZX50, index funds will pile into TRA to push us up even more.

Can we make it? I think so, we were only at $3.55 merely a year ago

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Percy, I've now got the same number of shares as yourself but not as many as you and your wife combined. Now I can do my ramp, I reckon there is around $1 upside here over the next 18 months plus divvies, on a current PE of 10, what's not to like. After the latest result the business has been derisked further to boot. PS-As we have seen with other stocks over time, the market can be very slow to wake up.
    Good for you.
    Time for ..........................We are "well positioned." ....lol.
    You will receive your first dividend ,which are paid quarterly on 18th July.Think ex date is 2nd July.NZX site shows 5 cents,fully imputed.
    Last edited by percy; 03-06-2018 at 08:37 AM.

yes but CVT are being taken over (still) according to Ogg so they will be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think my shareholding may be scale-able too. Not many growth shares out there that scream "cheep cheep" like a budgie are there mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

TRA's result showed their business model is sound and is scalable.
    Vehicle sales,finance,insurance and now service.All scalable.
    They have the capacity to expand by developing their own sites,and clip the development margin.Should be a nice earner.
    They can expand by organic growth, or by acquisition.
    Sounds as though they have two major developments on the drawing board , Auckland and Christchurch.
    This result traded through the election and stink bug issue,so was very credible.
    Two disappointments were MTF non-recourse loans,and old stock at Buy Right Cars.Both issues have been identified,and corrective action has been taken.
    The age of NZ vehicle fleets means the future is assured for TRA.
    NZders love cars, and need their car to get to work.
    Last edited by percy; 31-05-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Percy reckons you should look for companies that are capable of growing dividends. What a superb example and currently only paying 50-60% of earnings out but still expecting 8.2% gross return for FY19 inclusive of imputation credits. With ongoing growth and a minor further tweak to payout ratio we could easily be looking at 10% dividends a couple of years from now plus growth going forward after that ! All that and a share price of under $3 trading cum a final divvy of 5 cps in five minutes time so too speak, WOW ! Not to forget an estimated FY19 PE of just 9.4 at $3.00. What an absolute bargain !

Buy right cars had an earn out provision included as part of the purchase consideration which has been adjusted accordingly.
    New management team in place from 1 November after taking over management 1 year earlier than scheduled addressing older legacy stock issues well.
    Once these go into the NZX50 they'll pop up 20% overnight just like PPH and CVT did ! Talk about a free future lunch !
    (Thought you might enjoy a little more yapping in tune with the company music Percy )
    Might have to do a Couta1 and Percy and get my snout into a "nifty fifty"
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-05-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Beags ...you forgot to say TRA essentially trading at $2.91 allowing for the divie
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”