sharetrader
Page 233 of 840 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is only short haul but don't forgey to check pitch and seat width ....... could be worse than one of those Jetstar sardine tins
    Bet ya the seats, steering wheel and cup holders aren't heated either...hmmm...

Like anything you get what you pay for...why travel economy when you don't need too ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

On the doghouse

Snoops ......how much do Turners have to ‘discount’ the loans by when they are packaged up, ie what is BNZ’s cut ....before funding the SPV to buy them
    Near the end of note 14 in AR2017, Turners have this to say:

"The group retains substantially all of the risks and rewards relating to the finance receivables sold and therefore the finance receivables do not qualify for derecognition and remain on the groups consolidated statement of financial position."

If Turners ultimately retain all the risk, then there is no reason to offer a discount to those buying the repackaged loans. So my guess is the amount of discount offered to the BNZ who are securitizing the loans for "on sale" is - none!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 04-06-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Near the end of note 14 in AR2017, Turners have this to say:

"The group retains substantially all of the risks and rewards relating to the finance receivables sold and therefore the finance receivables do not qualify for derecognition and remain on the groups consolidated statement of financial position."

If Turners ultimately retain all the risk, then there is no reason to offer a discount to those buying the repackaged loans. So my guess is the amount of discount offered to the BNZ who are securitizing the loans for "on sale" is - none!

SNOOPY
    snoops, it’s pretty clever how that Trust has a bond issue (which Turners take up) to pay for 8% of the debt securitised. (Bank funds the other 92%)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Boomer of a day on the NZX

Most things seem to be up except TRA (and PEB)

Maybe the market is laughing at me for buying TRA
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I got my snout into some more this morning @ $2.96....why look a gift horse in the mouth ? The other thing that I really like about this one is I think about all the fat margins I've paid to car dealers over the years with vehicle deals I've done. Its so remarkably refreshing to be on the other side of the ledger !! Steadily working my way up towards Percy's end of the tent
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Sell and move on.
    Win win situation for everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sell and move on.
    Win win situation for everyone.
    I want them at $2.96.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I want them at $2.96.
    Me too, I have a healthy appetite for more at that level, (only really $2.91 taking into account the pending 5 cent divvy, but sssshhh, let's keep the real price to ourselves)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I want them at $2.96.
    Looks as though he wants $3.05....lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Looks as though he wants $3.05....lol.
    HaHa, Classic, give that man 200 claps.
    Last edited by couta1; 05-06-2018 at 11:40 AM.