sharetrader
Page 259 of 840 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 8391
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

[QUOTE=Snow Leopard;723001]Have you considered whether term deposits are right for you?

Thats a bit harsh

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm adding in small nibbles currently, not many buyers that's for sure, should be for one of the only value plays currently available on the NZX. Must be Percy or Beagle wanting those 50k shares at $3, im sure if it gets that low they will have plenty of competition. PS-Just 10 weeks approx until the next divvy.
    You probably bought mine Couta and yes I did think long and hard before getting out so it wasnt an impulsive decision and I am currently happy with that.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Thats a bit harsh
    Sorry.

Did not intend to ruffle any fur!

Or wool!
    om mani peme hum

If the share price increases from here the 50EMA will move up through the 200EMA and isn't that KW's favourite time to buy?

I hope this thing's got legs. After buying in at close to $3 I'm hoping it will reach the consensus $3.80-$4.00 valuation and happy to pick up the divvies along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Well done, whatever happens next you can decide on, while reflecting on the saying "no one ever went broke by taking a profit" -Jesse Lauriston Livermore.

Thanks Baa Baa

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm adding in small nibbles currently, not many buyers that's for sure, should be for one of the only value plays currently available on the NZX. Must be Percy or Beagle wanting those 50k shares at $3, im sure if it gets that low they will have plenty of competition. PS-Just 10 weeks approx until the next divvy.
    I am not bidding for TRA or any other share at present, other than a small order on USX market.
    I have some cash,but am awaiting the reporting season results,before I decide to buy/sell anything.
    I think TRA is great buying under $3.35,and note the share price remains above the 60,90,120 and 180 day, moving averages.
    Last edited by percy; 01-08-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Business confidence hit a 10 year low according to a very recent ANZ bank survey with a net 45% of respondents expecting business conditions to deteriorate over the next year and is now at a level consistent with how business's felt during the extreme depths of the GFC.

I know Turners are much better placed than others to withstand these conditions, (80% of sales are for less than $20K and are non discretionary) but what does worry me a little is the trend with business confidence. The level of pessimism has really picked up in the last few months and if this trend continues, (from an already extremely gloomy level) I guess the worry is that companies won't have the confidence to make any meaningful capex ?

On the other hand all that extra money the Government is handing out with the families package that started last month should ensure that there's plenty of families that were previously struggling who can now afford to upgrade to something half reasonable.

Net effect...possibly minimal ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    ??? TRA up 1 cent today!. at $3.14 it is above one week low, 4 week low, 26 week low and 52 week low. The 26 week range high is $3.22 so at 8 cents down I dont understand why you would bail - thats a real tight stop loss

The whole of the NZX has had an ugly month in July. Thats the nature of the market and not a good enough reason to bail.
    Yes I had quite a tight stop loss on this one given I only bought in recently at $2.99. Firstly I didnt want to loose money but secondly I was more concerned about the lack of buyers. Hence I took my opportunity to get out. Others may have much bigger buffers than I had and others may be happy to hold long term for the divvy. At the moment getting out was the right decision for me. I also note Craigs have come out today warning of strong headwinds facing some companies, TRA was one of them.

Yes I had quite a tight stop loss on this one given I only bought in recently at $2.99. Firstly I didnt want to loose money but secondly I was more concerned about the lack of buyers. Hence I took my opportunity to get out. Others may have much bigger buffers than I had and others may be happy to hold long term for the divvy. At the moment getting out was the right decision for me. I also note Craigs have come out today warning of strong headwinds facing some companies, TRA was one of them.
    Got a link or was that private communication to fee paying clients only ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

That just means Craig's want the price to drop on those companies so their clients can get some cheap shares, I see no strong headwinds facing TRA and are in accumulation mode, let it drop. PS-My average buy price is now the same as yours was.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-08-2018 at 03:34 PM.