sharetrader
Page 260 of 400 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5993
  1. #3886
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    4/ It is intended that the purchases by Turners over a one week period will not exceed 30% of the volume of Shares traded over that one week period.


    Number 4 is a little murky especially as its expressed as an intention.

    But yeh quite clear on the other 3 , good rules as far as I can tell , so as to limit the market impact (sort of). Obviously any buying or selling ultimately has an effect but they're trying not to 'push' the market around is the way I see it. Just a sponge I guess.
    I have noticed they have been buying just under 30% of the daily volume so far,so may be they intend to do as they said intended to do.? which should come as no surprise....lol.
    .
    Last edited by percy; 12-12-2018 at 12:02 PM.

  2. #3887
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    I note Interest.co.nz report a record year from UDC.Year ended 30th September NPAT of $65.3mil.Impairements still low,but up to reflect increased lending.
    Heartland also had increased vehicle lending.
    So still plenty of life left in this sector.

    Wonder if Grant has asked Jeff if he would like to takeover TRA.Would be eps accrective and would open up MTF for HGH.????????????.....lol.
    ps.I would be happy to receive HGH script for my TRA holding.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2018 at 08:02 AM.

  3. #3888
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I note Interest.co.nz report a record year from UDC.Year ended 30th September NPAT of $65.3mil.Impairements still low,but up to reflect increased lending.
    Heartland also had increased vehicle lending.
    So still plenty of life left in this sector.

    Wonder if Grant has asked Jeff if he would like to takeover TRA.Would be eps accrective and would open up MTF for HGH.????????????.....lol.
    ps.I would be happy to receive HGH script for my TRA holding.
    LOL I bet you would but it might be on a 1:1 basis the way this is going !
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  4. #3889
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    Yes I agree such an announcement would see HGH sp hit over $2.50,perhaps $2.95.?............lol.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2018 at 08:17 AM.

  5. #3890
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I agree such an announcement would see HGH sp hit over $2.50,perhaps $2.95.?............lol.
    LOL touché !
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  6. #3891
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,734

    Default

    I think Grant (and that new Singapore based guy) have done a lot of asking around about buying Turners ....and maybe nobody’s interested in becoming a used car salesman

    Must be frustrating as owning something you think is zillions but nobody thinks it worth buying
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  7. #3892
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think Grant (and that new Singapore based guy) have done a lot of asking around about buying Turners ....and maybe nobody’s interested in becoming a used car salesman

    Must be frustrating as owning something you think is zillions but nobody thinks it worth buying
    Often happens with a business.
    I seem to remember no one wanted Briscoes..The owners had to sell it cheap to the guy who they had trying to sell it...lol.

  8. #3893
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,734

    Default

    Yippee ....finally an UP day

    Chart looking a bit better
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  9. #3894
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yippee ....finally an UP day

    Chart looking a bit better
    Really? Chart looking better with 100 shares traded.??

  10. #3895
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,734

    Default

    Agh ...didn’t look at the volume

    Still unwanted eh
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  11. #3896
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Agh ...didn’t look at the volume

    Still unwanted eh
    No you've got to get with the program mate. Over the last year this has been a strong outperformer in this sector against Australasia's biggest vehicle retailer listed in Australia AHG. This is down from a similar level to Turners a year ago of about $3.80 to be just $1.48 at the close today so Turners has shown a very strong sector outperformance !
    I think many of the institutions would have more or less shut up shop for the year now so just the minnows left for Turners to mop up in the buy-back until mid-late January.
    (Best we don't compare it to CMO though)
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  12. #3897
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No you've got to get with the program mate. Over the last year this has been a strong outperformer in this sector against Australasia's biggest vehicle retailer listed in Australia AHG. This is down from a similar level to Turners a year ago of about $3.80 to be just $1.48 at the close today so Turners has shown a very strong sector outperformance !
    I think many of the institutions would have more or less shut up shop for the year now so just the minnows left for Turners to mop up in the buy-back until mid-late January.
    (Best we don't compare it to CMO though)
    Grant should spread the word amongst Aussie instos that Turners is the best bet in this sector ....outperforming is good news

    They can buy on the ASX eh
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  13. #3898
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,734

    Default

    If you believe yahoo there has been 1500 shares transacted on the ASX and that was October 17th for $3.00.....good price

    ASX listing a waste of time (and money) .....another initiative by a delusional Board
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  14. #3899
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you believe yahoo there has been 1500 shares transacted on the ASX and that was October 17th for $3.00.....good price

    ASX listing a waste of time (and money) .....another initiative by a delusional Board
    If you do not know the reason /reasons for the Australian listing you may think it is a waste of time.
    If you know the reasons,then you may think it is money well spent.
    I know the reason/reasons and think it money well spent.
    HGH's ASX listing was for basically the same reason/reasons.

  15. #3900
    Membaa
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    What's the volume on ASX then? Is it significant?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •