sharetrader
Page 271 of 840 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 8393
    Advanced Member

Thanks BP, you’ve summed up my confused thoughts !��

Doesn’t seem that long ago punters were paying a premium for the bonds because it seemed the hype was going to drive the share price way beyond 4 bucks.

Share price way off those expectations and about the same as it was a few years ago.

A casual observer would say something not quite right .....with the company that is
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Doesn’t seem that long ago punters were paying a premium for the bonds because it seemed the hype was going to drive the share price way beyond 4 bucks.

Share price way off those expectations and about the same as it was a few years ago.

A casual observer would say something not quite right .....with the company that is
    Fully informed investors know the business is in great shape and its growth trajectory is on course.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Well yes, they might say that. Problem is - casual observers are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Remember the time when SUM was hoovering below the MA200? It is not that long ago, and just check where they are now.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Fully informed investors know the business is in great shape and its growth trajectory is on course.
    Not sure I would classify myself as a fully informed investor, but I do want another 10-20k of Turner’s stock. That’s why I took up the bonds as the SP at the time was running away a bit. I didn’t pay a premium for the bonds. So I am trying to decide whether to convert the bonds, or simply take the money and buy what I want on market. I think I am leaning towards the latter. Especially as we have an unknown month to work into the strike price.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well yes, they might say that. Problem is - casual observers are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Remember the time when SUM was hoovering below the MA200? It is not that long ago, and just check where they are now.
    You can't compare a company that's grown EPS 45% per annum on average for six years with Turners. You can compare Colonial Motors with Turners.
    I think the issue is that Turners MUST stop issuing new shares to fund their growth. I calculated on the weekend just approx. 4.5% eps growth forecast for FY19 this year because the estimated weighted average number of shares on issue for FY19, (assuming half bondholders convert to shares) is considerably higher than FY18. Maybe in FY20 they can grow organically and generate some decent eps growth without even more shares on issue or maybe this government sends us down a rat hole into a deep recession, who knows, but I think that's why the shares are trading on a forward PE of just 9.75. Maybe a bit cheap but try telling Colonial Motors shareholders that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You can't compare a company that's grown EPS 45% per annum on average for six years with Turners. You can compare Colonial Motors with Turners.
    I think the issue is that Turners MUST stop issuing new shares to fund their growth. I calculated on the weekend just approx. 4.5% eps growth forecast for FY19 this year because the estimated weighted average number of shares on issue for FY19, (assuming half bondholders convert to shares) is considerably higher than FY18. Maybe in FY20 they can grow organically and generate some decent eps growth without even more shares on issue or maybe this government sends us down a rat hole into a deep recession, who knows, but I think that's why the shares are trading on a forward PE of just 9.75. Maybe a bit cheap but try telling Colonial Motors shareholders that.
    4.5% eps growth is a good result if debt burden decreases (due to converting bonds to shares). Haven’t actually looked into this much though.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    4.5% eps growth is a good result if debt burden decreases (due to converting bonds to shares). Haven’t actually looked into this much though.
    They're issuing a new tranche of bonds, $25m. Its okay...we hope for better things in FY20. Rome wasn't built in a day...and I guess there's always the possibility that FY19 guidance might be lifted at some stage, maybe with the half year result in due course ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well, you can - just depends what you want to demonstrate.

My point was: Given that even a gold star company like SUM had periods of quite ugly looking TA does it seems dangerous to assess a companies health just based on latter.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes the underlying business is doing very well but they need to get tough on themselves and really commit to no more dilution.

Anyone knowhow difficult or what the chance of them improving their credit rating to get lower cost of capital is?