sharetrader
Page 281 of 840 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 8398

Very poor timing with the SP deep in the toilet. Directors fees seem very similar to those at AIR and SUM, companies with a vastly bigger footprints and more complex operations. Greedy pigs sums it up perfectly....suppose you'd expect that from a company that's selling used cars. Zero EPS growth but plenty of directors fees growth...Hmmmmm
    I think they should defer any increase until they deliver real EPS growth, (not EPS growth contrived by extraordinary items)
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very poor timing with the SP deep in the toilet. Directors fees seem very similar to those at AIR and SUM, companies with a vastly bigger footprints and more complex operations. Greedy pigs sums it up perfectly....suppose you'd expect that from a company that's selling used cars. Zero EPS growth but plenty of directors fees growth...Hmmmmm
    I think they should defer any increase until they deliver real EPS growth, (not EPS growth contrived by extraordinary items)
    Lets all vote against to at least send a message that some retail s/h do not like it. If we even get a 10% against vote that will tell them something.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Lets all vote against to at least send a message that some retail s/h do not like it. If we even get a 10% against vote that will tell them something.
    Agree 100%.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Maybe they have some extra good news for all shareholders at the coming meeting.
    Yes, share price is disappointing.

percy

The best fun is to appoint the chairman as your proxy,and instruct him to vote against the increase....lol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Maybe they have some extra good news for all shareholders at the coming meeting.
    Yes, share price is disappointing.
    Be fools to ask for an increase if they have not.!

This is outrageous! Asking for a doubling of director fees when they've delivered very poor shareholder value (relative to the NZX50).
    They don't deserve anything until they can get the share price up by at least 25% to make up for the under performance of the past year. And even that is being generous I believe.
    I will be voting NO.
    Last edited by JayRiggs; 03-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.

On the doghouse

Those director fees increases a bit hard to take if you ask me..
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Greedy bastards in the pigs trough (I can use that phrase because they are all boys)
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have never seen a review that has not recommended increases."He who pays the piper calls the tune."
    As the directors have a great deal of skin in the game I think they are double dipping,which should not be encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very poor timing with the SP deep in the toilet. Directors fees seem very similar to those at AIR and SUM, companies with a vastly bigger footprints and more complex operations. Greedy pigs sums it up perfectly...
    A predictable reaction? I know the percentage increase sounds a lot, but there are real risks to being a director these days. Does the board have the skills to manage their way through a GFC mk2? Not sure I would want to be a director for $55k when the risk is there to be sued for zillions. The main complaint that I can see is the share price. But what do you expect the directors to do about that? Tell the senior staff to go on a nationwide road show?

You guys should just buy up a whole lot more shares! That should fix things!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The best fun is to appoint the chairman as your proxy,and instruct him to vote against the increase....lol.
    Surely not as much fun as turning up in fancy dress as a discontented rabble with protest signs?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    A predictable reaction? I know the percentage increase sounds a lot, but there are real risks to being a director these days. Does the board have the skills to manage their way through a GFC mk2? Not sure I would want to be a director for $55k when the risk is there to be sued for zillions.

SNOOPY

Covered by directors liability insurance is it not?

What are the extra risks involved?

What are the H&S risks? All they do is sell cars. Have no real responsibility towards people except their staff. (vs say AIR passengers, or RYM patients etc)
    Last edited by blackcap; 03-09-2018 at 12:18 PM.

How big was Strategic Pays sample size. Seems to me recommended increase way out of line.