sharetrader
Page 295 of 840 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395795 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 8398

I’d love to know who is selling, there’s and order of 43000 sell @ 2.80 in now (2 sellers)
    Those sellers will be selling at a loss.

Having used Turners for years, it is now busier than ever and the cars are being sold at retail prices, not wholesale, plus the spin offs with finance insurance etc.
    A 2014 small, petrol miser, nz new car for $10,000, who could say no?

Snoopy had Turners as a BUY a month or so ago when share price was over $3.10
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Maybe the share price is just drifting down to match the company’s book value of $2.52

Could be as Turners don’t make much of a return on total invested capital

and i’ll leave it to Snoops to discuss goodwill

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Timely reminder forest that self driving electric cars will be a reality at some stage in the future. Not sure when or how they will cope with N.Z. roads but I agree that this is coming at some stage in the future which kind of makes this the opposite of the retirement industry which has long term tailwinds. Maybe a PE of 10 is all its really worth ?...about $3, assuming the current year's plans are still tracking okay ?
    Worthwhile remembering though that somebody needs to buy (and sell) these electrical vehicles as well. And yes, while densely populated towns (any of them in NZ?) might observe a move from individual vehicles (no matter how they are powered) to community owned or rented self-driving and cheap cars - most (or should I say all?) of New Zealand is rural (compared to the rest of the world), and I don't hold my breath that I will still see the arrival of a cost effective, rentable self-driving transport solution in e.g. mid Canterbury. Large distances between houses make any form of public transport uneconomical. At this stage we don't even have a bus service (except limited school bus service) or Uber coverage - and if I really want to drive with the taxi into the next town - 2 and a half taxi round trips equal what I pay for our car per month.

I am sure the world will change, but at this stage I am not sure why Turners could not change with it? ... and if people want electric cars instead of petrol driven cars - from memory, their stock backlog is something like 6 weeks worth of sales. I am pretty sure the change from petrol to electric won't be that swift that their stock of petrol / diesel powered vehicles would be a problem.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    page 15 Turners annual report for year ended 31st march 2018...………
    ………………………………………….Fy.14...…….Fy.15...…..FY16...….FY 17...…..FY 18.
    Earnings per share...………...20cps...….33cps.…….24.7cps...25.5cps .…...29.3cps.……….average growth 10% pa.
    Dividends per share...………. 4cps...… 10cps...…….13cps......14.5cps......15.5cps...And paid quarterly.!
    All going the right way.The business bulk up is set to produce excellent rewards for shareholders.
    Just need the sp to catch up,and everybody will be happy.?
    Those numbers highlight why Directors should be rewarded with a pay rise

Yes EPS has grown at just over 10% pa
    Last edited by winner69; 18-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Here we go....big test of multi year long term support level $2.80 started. Hope the directors and management are ready for a marathon quantum of questions on 26 Sept.
    Now got a $2.7* in front of the SP.

Getting closer to my stop loss.

So - 5000 shares traded this afternoon for $2.79.

Based on analyst estimates does this calculate to a forward PE of 9.4; Forward EPS CAGR 2014 - 2021 (i.e. considering the dilution through CR's) is 28.2, admittedly starting in 2014, a year with quite low earnings. If we reduce the window and look only at the EPS CAGR 2015 - 2021, than the EPS growth is still roughly 9% pa. Not that stellar, but not bad either.

I am wondering how bad any hypothetical downgrade would have to be to make the current SP only "fair value", if we assume a PE of 10 would be fair for a non growth company.

Discl: hodl ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 18-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You are not alone.
    I think the directors with so much skin in the game will be feeling the most pain.
    Maybe that's why they need the big increase in fees..???....lol.
    Maybe Grant needs to supplement his old TIL remuneration of $220k ($110k as Chairman and 1/3 of $330k as a BB consultant)? - 2017 TIL Annual report

His classic car collection would cost a bit to maintain and gas is going up.

Banned

404k shares just gone through at $2.80, must be close to seeing a notice from someone.PS-That $2.80 sell line is being reloaded at lightning speed.Lol.
    Last edited by couta1; 18-09-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    404k shares just gone through at $2.80, must be close to seeing a notice from someone.
    Yep, 1% is 848,000 shares .....but then it could be non SSH playing around ..or maybe even percy reducing his holding.