sharetrader
Page 304 of 840 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 8391

Listing on the ASX for paid for holidays?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I am here now so if the question isn’t asked I can ask on your behalf.... I have to leave a little early though so hoping questions come up soon
    Was that you ? If so thanks.

So far 28m in favour of director fee increase, 1.6 against

No such thing as a silly question but excellent point made about shabby single stapled Annual Report. I think we can expect something of a bit better standard next time around.

Advanced Member

Nothing in that meeting or presentation to portray a picture of exceptional growth ahead. Will be slow, steady progress I suspect if we're lucky. Growing earnings -> leading to growing dividends -> leading to increasing Share Price over time. Mostly on used cars. Hmmmmm...well, as long as they can grow the dividend, SP shouldn't drop much further and I'll stay the course.

A little disappointed.

Nice work re the directors fees Beagle.
    Anyway...that's my impression.

interesting that a “Challenging Q1” (performance wise) was followed by The Roadshow in July/August

And you guys reported only positive things from those meetings — like things were booming - hmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

An excellent meeting well conducted by Paul Brynes.
    Strategy in place for a sound growing business, which is at present rewarding shareholders with growing dividends.Strategy is well thought out.Sales,Insurance,Finance,Service. [property]
    Share price being discussed was pleasing,including the point that most brokers mistakenly categorise TRA as a retail stock..A lot of interesting questions,and McGinty and Beagle made very interesting, well researched points.
    Very open about the MTF and insurance issues.What a capable board.Property developments in Auckland and ChCh still on their agenda.I look forward to hearing more about them.
    YouTube served us well.

ps Wellingtonions.Is Turners new site open?
    Last edited by percy; 26-09-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    An excellent meeting well conducted by Paul Brynes.
    Watching the bits I managed to see. I felt it was OK, not hyped nor depressed. Didnt seem a lot of energy in the presentations - but probably appropriate. Answers were well constructed. Overall impression was business as usual, slow but steady - with no surprises in the wings, nor any earth shattering opportunities. I'm left anticipating slight share price improvement over time but not to $3.60 or $3.90 previous highs. Not all shares can be manic ATM's so a bit of steadyness probably not a bad thing for my portfolio - though I do want to se SP hit $3.10 which would at least put me back to break even rather than the current negative position.

Well done to the video team - worked well and money well spent. Though couldn't quite see the tasty morsels on the treats table.

Hold for dividend income and some growth is my sense after attending.
    I am forecasting just 4.5% eps growth this year based on the mid point of the FY19 forecast. The main villain is the weighted average number of shares on issue this year will be considerably higher due to primarily the large capital raise part way through last year and secondly the bond conversion. This sort of EPS growth does not fuel SP growth as we have seen with HBL lately.

I chatted with a couple of the directors after the meeting, (after giving them a good rev up about their directors fees increase, so it was a little awkward), but the sense I get is that steady progress is being made. I suggested they need to sell themselves better to shareholders and talk up the change from wholesale distribution to more retail and really send the message that this really grows their ability to cross sell finance, warranty and insurance.

The key question in my mind, which is an open one, can they grow eps at high single digit level's in FY20 without share issuance ? I think a lot depends upon the economic cycle and how things play themselves out so that question probably remains open for a while. EPS by my reckoning is 30.6 cps in FY19. Choose your PE. Best guess at this point is momentum will build, (Rome definitely wasn't built in a day) and we could get high single digit EPS growth next year.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    So far 28m in favour of director fee increase, 1.6 against
    As I said before I will be pleasantly surprised if they won’t get what they ask