sharetrader
Page 307 of 840 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407807 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree The Chairman should have been there,however I accept The Board altered the meeting date..
    I missed the intro bit. Why would the Board change the date to a date the Chair couldn't attend? If they were changing dates couldn't they change to one he could attend.

IMO

I voted online Jaa.
    Certainly , without a valid reason extremely disappointing re grant baker. Is he arrogant and only int in adding value for one as ive read an opinion somewhere before ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I missed the intro bit. Why would the Board change the date to a date the Chair couldn't attend? If they were changing dates couldn't they change to one he could attend.
    I don't know.I remember going to a neice's wedding years ago,in Sydney.Booked our tickets for us going from ChCh return ,and neice's mother coming from Gold Coast.Neice had to change the date, because of venue double booking.Yes changed date was the day we were meant to fly home.Changing flights AIR NZ screwed me blind.Venue said tough.Maybe Grant wanted a laugh at Donald at the UN.?.Maybe McGinty will find the answer at next year's agm.
    Go to YouTube;Turners Automotive Group agm 2018 and you can hear the whole meeting.
    at 8.46 into to it, Paul Byrne talks about the share price.
    Last edited by percy; 26-09-2018 at 07:26 PM.

I don't know.
    Go to YouTube;Turners Automotive Group agm 2018 and you can hear the whole meeting.
    Hmm - I dont think so. Once was enough to engage most of my attention, Second time around would send me into a state of torpor

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hmm - I dont think so. Once was enough to engage most of my attention, Second time around would send me into a state of torpor
    I will listen to it again.
    Turners is/are my largest investment,so it is very important I have it right.I often put a lot of eggs into one basket,then watch that basket carefully,resulting in my ongoing "strong conviction."

Banned

I will listen to it again.
    Turners is/are my largest investment,so it is very important I have it right.I often put a lot of eggs into one basket,then watch that basket carefully,resulting in my ongoing "strong conviction."
    Lol, how could I not agree wholeheartedly with this post, strong basket holds lots of eggs, weak basket holds few eggs so many baskets required to hold same number of eggs.

IMO

Many ways to increase ones portfolio couta. if your way works(holding fewer larger baskets) for you thats great. But for many holding a decent number of stocks in different sectors is a lower risk way of investing.
    Managing ones risk and limiting losses is the most important investment rule imo.
    Your way you can make higher gains but bigger losses as well and it can happen anytime. Often we dont really know what our risk level is until our first decent disaster in my experience.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol, how could I not agree wholeheartedly with this post, strong basket holds lots of eggs, weak basket holds few eggs so many baskets required to hold same number of eggs.
    Having owned my own businesses I often had all my eggs in one basket.The basket being a toy shop,then a bookshop,then a school library supplier, the basket was not very strong.
    Now I can invest with directors/managers who are a lot more capable in business than I ever was.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Interesting reading the comments on the AGM (thanks for sharing)..... while I'm never averse to being 'overweight' in some shares, and respect Percy's views, I remain doubtful that TNR's model is capable of exceeding NZX top 50 average growth and suspect that while this is a relatively 'safe' investment for some, it is just not for me. GLH.

Advanced Member

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...475/287523.pdf

I'd have liked to have seen the numbers. Especially on the remuneration for directors.