sharetrader
Page 310 of 840 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410810 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well done Beagle for speaking up, I'm sure if Mr Baker had have been there you would have left a few teeth marks.
    Thanks mate. Maybe the real reason he didn't turn up was the wolf scared him off
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Disappointed there was no online voting option. Easy way to suppress votes from small shareholders. Glad you guys asked the questions that needed asking.

I have been overseas so was unable to vote against the increase in the Directors fees. Hope Grant filled out his form before he left.
    Online voting was available. Just login to Computershare, quick and easy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    W69.
    Is Turners new Wellington yard open yet.?
    Will you check it out and let us know what it is like please.?
    Part of town to be avoided bur I’ll try to pass by in weekend

In meantime google says it’s open but Turners Call Centre says it’s not open yet and you need to go to Porirua.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Part of town to be avoided bur I’ll try to pass by in weekend

In meantime google says it’s open but Turners Call Centre says it’s not open yet and you need to go to Porirua.
    Thanks W69.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well done Beagle for speaking up, I'm sure if Mr Baker had have been there you would have left a few teeth marks.
    Yes thanks for speaking up Mr Beagle, I think he was dreading your well constructed question! He was pretty quick to move on!
    Hope you still holding a few SKO Mr Beagle they are on fire today!

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Online voting was available. Just login to Computershare, quick and easy
    Thanks Fred and Joshuatree, it must have gone to spam. Despite receiving a similar request to vote for EBOS's AGM from Computershare in the last month.

Banned

I was one of the bond holders that took the cash rather than shares or new bonds.
    Two reasons. Not keen on the board and the shares are too 'consumer discretionary' for me at this stage of the market.

The winds of change are about to blow through the NZ car market. The storm driving these winds are off below the horizon but we will feel their force.

Presidents Trump/Xi now stand on the edge of the wharf demanding a steep tariff payment to land cars. Part of their plans to make America/China great again.

Car companies are now urgently trying to steer their way through this "greatness" while avoiding loosing their shirts.

Can you think of a country whose leader is preoccupied showing off the baby, trying to anticipate Winston Firsts next zig or zag and tutoring her cabinet ministers how to behave so doesn't have time to slap car imports with tariffs.

I'm sure the the same thoughts are rattling around inside the heads of car manufacturers executives. They will be making frantic calls to their assembly plants to put the steering wheel on the other side and ship em to NZ.

This wall of cars will transform the second hand car market from a cascading market to a clearance market. Is now the right time to be setting up used car sales yards?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. How likely is it that NZ is so glutted with used cars we will have to ship them offshore to other right hand drive counties such as Bangladesh?
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Given the number of drivers that get their licence out of a wheatbix packet I am pretty sure we can rightoff the wall of cars required to keep global car manufacturing afloat.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    W69.
    Is Turners new Wellington yard open yet.?
    Will you check it out and let us know what it is like please.?
    When I went by Friday , there is a container “office” in the middle of the yard and a load of temporary fencing around it .No cars in sight or onsite.