sharetrader
Page 310 of 382 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5720

I suspect there are some rules limiting share buy backs when the daily price increase is above a certain amount.

All the technical ducks have lined right up in 3 days... one final duck to line up is a break of $2.33 resistance / 50DMA.

The trading pattern has been very very interesting. Looks like Milford has stopped selling and two people are suddenly trying to accumulate in volume. Do they know something we don't? I don't know what to make of it.
    Last edited by JohnnyTheHorse; 12-03-2019 at 12:21 PM.

percy

$3.80 would be a good figure.Not important to me, as I am a long term holder.Reach $3.80 and I will just tick it off on the way to $4.00 or $5.00.

ps.Any one been passed the new Whangarei site.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    $3.80 would be a good figure.Not important to me, as I am a long term holder.Reach $3.80 and I will just tick it off on the way to $4.00 or $5.00.

ps.Any one been passed the new Whangarei site.?
    Hope you’ve made a will percy and left clear instructions that your Turners (and others) are never never to be sold

Be really horrible if you got run over by a bus tomorrow but even more horrible if your estate sold all your Turners shares for $2.29
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope you’ve made a will percy and left clear instructions that your Turners (and others) are never never to be sold

Be really horrible if you got run over by a bus tomorrow but even more horrible if your estate sold all your Turners shares for $2.29
    The daughters have already had "more than enough",including both having had their mortgages paid off.
    Should my Turners holding be valued at Zero, there is still a very healthy estate left,as Turners are my third largest holding.
    I could not care less what they do with my money when I have gone.
    Next TRA's divie is paying for No.1 daughter and the grandaughters holiday to the Gold Coast.Also will cover the rent for them. and her cousin and her children [living in Ninbin],in an apartment in Surfers.
    Last edited by percy; 12-03-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Update Ready To Install

A snapshot FWIW.
    Loitered around the local Turners today for about 30 mins late morning. 132 vehicles for sale. The number of VW's stood out.Pretty full but not overflowing was my impression.
    Friendly staff, was asked 3 times by different people if they could help
    All staff were brisk, no strolling there, on the phone, talking cars, doing car stuff, no one looked to be killing time or pretending to be busy
    But few punters to be seen, less than 6 the time i was there pretty even with staff numbers. A couple of cars were started up and one or two moved. A 1$ reserve auction car by the main entrance.Lots of pickups /Utes parked out on roadside.

SP seems to have stalled at $2.29, with a buyer at $2.29 and a seller at $2.30 and neither willing to budge.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    More and stronger competition must be good for consumers - but is it good for TRA shareholders?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    More and stronger competition must be good for consumers - but is it good for TRA shareholders?
    Why do you think Dorchester [finance] brought Turners.?
    Why do you think Smiths City Finance is the profit generator of Smiths City Group.?
    All a bit like McDonalds when you ask for chips.:Large?
    Turners,you require finance?
    Smiths City,you require finance?
    There are hundreds of finance companies and banks who will provide motor vehicle finance,however only one owns NZ's largest second hand car dealer.
    MTF is also close to their customers, as only originators are MTF shareholders.
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Update Ready To Install

Agree .Turners have a bit of a moat there and Go Car finance have an existing network of dealers they offer finance through. More of a vote of confidence in the car financing industry , less a threat or competition imo.

It must be time to BUY. Couta1 is finally right and $2.14 is the bottom.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

percy

A week earlier than I expected.!!....lol.
    Welcome back on board.
    Next divie due in approx 7 weeks.Fully imputed.
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It must be time to BUY. Couta1 is finally right and $2.14 is the bottom.
    Is this statement based on the SP cracking the MA30 and staying above that line for already one full day without material volume?

I remember times when a confirmed rise over the MA100 was considered an early indicator for a trend change, but the MA30? and without any supporting fundamental changes?

Sure - trends can change anytime, but calling this at this moment "past bottom" appears to be a brave call to me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Is this statement based on the SP cracking the MA30 and staying above that line for already one full day without material volume?

I remember times when a confirmed rise over the MA100 was considered an early indicator for a trend change, but the MA30? and without any supporting fundamental changes?

Sure - trends can change anytime, but calling this at this moment "past bottom" appears to be a brave call to me ...

As baa_baa said earlier - TA is discretionary, one can use it rigidly or ignore it when it suits. IMHO the former is a more reliable approach.

Whatever - the trend change happened with that capitulation a week or so ago when several punters finally lost faith

Patently clear even to a blind punter we'll never see 214 again .....and even from today its onwards and upwards

That lack of 'material volume' a problem for the keen buyers - don't want to push the price up too fast - but soon the elastic will break

Love times of capitulation - always a good time buying under 220
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

It looked like it was going to break the 30 day MA and subsequently has. Just a small very low conviction "punt"
    Buying proper volume against the technical's is something I do very rarely and only if I have 100% confidence in the management and board and the FA case supporting the buy is compelling (AIR)
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).