sharetrader
Page 311 of 382 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 5720
  1. #4651
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Life has hit rock bottom for me in that I am sitting drinking coffee in a *STARBUCKS*. But I have an hour to wait for the ferry, the backpacks are heavy and the armchairs are confortable.

    Many on this forum, myself included, quote some TA gibberish when it supports our fundamental or emotional or irrational beliefs about our company.

    So, you think it is worth-buying? You use the 37 minute & 40 second average or some bell-curve pattern.

    Don't like it? Then either it is not above the 200 day, or no golden cross, or the volume is not quite good enough in the latter part of the afternoon.

    Now my totally unbiased software says we passed from the red-zone (definitely avoid) to the orange-zone (down trend break) yesterday.

    But it is just giving meaning to the randomness of share prices.


    Disc: TRA is the smallest (of 10) holdings in my NZX buy, hold & pray it goes up lomg term portfolio.
    om mani peme hum

  2. #4652
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Life has hit rock bottom for me in that I am sitting drinking coffee in a *STARBUCKS*. But I have an hour to wait for the ferry, the backpacks are heavy and the armchairs are confortable.

    Many on this forum, myself included, quote some TA gibberish when it supports our fundamental or emotional or irrational beliefs about our company.

    So, you think it is worth-buying? You use the 37 minute & 40 second average or some bell-curve pattern.

    Don't like it? Then either it is not above the 200 day, or no golden cross, or the volume is not quite good enough in the latter part of the afternoon.

    Now my totally unbiased software says we passed from the red-zone (definitely avoid) to the orange-zone (down trend break) yesterday.

    But it is just giving meaning to the randomness of share prices.


    Disc: TRA is the smallest (of 10) holdings in my NZX buy, hold & pray it goes up lomg term portfolio.
    I love your bell curve patterns mate ....sure it will play out with Turners
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  3. #4653
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Life has hit rock bottom for me...
    Many on this forum, myself included, quote some TA gibberish when it supports our fundamental or emotional or irrational beliefs about our company.

    So, you think it is worth-buying? You use the 37 minute & 40 second average or some bell-curve pattern.


    Disc: TRA is the smallest (of 10) holdings in my NZX buy, hold & pray it goes up lomg term portfolio.
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  4. #4654
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Hey that’s very sad about the dog. My condolences

    Take care
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  5. #4655
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey that’s very sad about the dog. My condolences

    Take care
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. I know you lost two pets late last year...its a pretty tough gig when the time comes isn't it !
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  6. #4656
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    You have my deepest sympathy.
    Parted company with many a friend over the years, but still have their paw-prints on my heart.

    Not particularly a dog person myself but a few days ago we were adopted by one as we went for our morning walk. Found ourselves worrying whether he was going to get in physical strife with the monkey troops and other dogs but it was all teeth bareing and barking from a safe distance, luckily.
    om mani peme hum

  7. #4657
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    In the Woods
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Aww sorry to hear that Mr Beagle. My sympathy to you and your family. Its a tuff call to have to make but its an act of love and kindness to end their suffering. Treasure your happy memories. Take care

  8. #4658
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    You have my deepest sympathy.
    Parted company with many a friend over the years, but still have their paw-prints on my heart.

    Not particularly a dog person myself but a few days ago we were adopted by one as we went for our morning walk. Found ourselves worrying whether he was going to get in physical strife with the monkey troops and other dogs but it was all teeth bareing and barking from a safe distance, luckily.
    Much like on this forum sometimes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Aww sorry to hear that Mr Beagle. My sympathy to you and your family. Its a tuff call to have to make but its an act of love and kindness to end their suffering. Treasure your happy memories. Take care
    Thanks guys. We still have one remaining Sydney Silky Terrier from the 3 boys we bought nearly 13 years ago. Basil is happy to pull triple duties on the patting and cuddling stakes as he's always been the most cuddly of the 3 dogs by miles. I know you're not supposed to play favourites but I count it a blessing the one I feel the very closest bond with is still with us. Might get a Beagle puppy again in due course when the time is right
    Next divvy from TRA will come in handy...hope it arrives before my next credit card bill containing all the vet bills does !
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  9. #4659
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There is always someone worse off than you. At least you didn't have to put one of your dogs to sleep today to stop his pain from cancer.
    Also my smallest holding on the NZX and bought back in on not much more than a wing and a prayer...hoping it might cover some of my vet bills.
    Sorry to hear .Sad day for you and your wife.
    Trust today's TRA posts have brought a smile to your face.
    Bell Curves,
    Bottom Pickers' champion is Couta1..
    37 sec moving average cossing the 40 minute one.
    What next?
    Last edited by percy; 13-03-2019 at 04:07 PM.

  10. #4660
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sorry to hear .Sad day for you and your wife.
    Trust today's TRA posts have brought a smile to your face.
    Bell Curves,
    Bottom Pickers' champion is Couta1..
    37 sec moving average cossing the 40 minute one.
    What next?
    Thanks Percy. $2.50 ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  11. #4661
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,304

    Default

    Best to check with Couta1.............................,Well he has been spot on of late with his calls.

  12. #4662
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Best to check with Couta1.............................,Well he has been spot on of late with his calls.
    Wish I could...he's on his way to South Africa for a few weeks, probably there now. Will email him this evening and get his new target price but I think he'll probably stick with his $3.80 relativity theory !
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  13. #4663
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,304

    Default

    I think he is right.
    May take a year or two.

  14. #4664
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Condolences on your loss Beagle - we feel your pain.

    We lost our beautiful retriever a couple of years back but the hole she left in our life remains.

    Gone but never forgotten.

  15. #4665
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think he is right.
    May take a year or two.
    That $3.80 in 20 months or so when the perfect inverse bell curve pattern is completed ...so by Christmas 2020.

    That nearly 40% pa capital return .....and then there’s divies on top of that

    Pretty good eh

    Glad I didn’t join in the capitulation party a week or so ago

    Always good to buy at 214/218

    But a decent takeover offer in a few months would be better
    Last edited by winner69; 13-03-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •