sharetrader
Page 312 of 840 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

How the heck can you have real Diversity of Thinking with the mix of people they’ve currently got.
    Do you have any research / information on gender as it relates to thinking competence? Perhaps you would like to see ATM's CEO on the Board.

Maybe this was the Mai Chen quote Paul couldn’t find -

“It is important to ensure that we have diversity and inclusion, that we have the whole talent pool at the table, and that discrimination is not preventing talented ‘diverse’ people from being appointed as directors and from contributing effectively once they are appointed,”

Bold my doing ....not saying they are being discrimatory but excluding the HR person 100% mix of white males does make you wonder.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Do you have any research / information on gender as it relates to thinking competence? Perhaps you would like to see ATM's CEO on the Board.
    LOL well said mate. I for one would be "thrilled"
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Tomorrows fuel increases are going to do wonders for used car sales..

Probably going to add more to the already very noticeably increasing road side cheaper bargains.
    As the punters take up " No Deposit " offers for new much more fuel efficient vehicles.

Disc. Minor Hold.
    Provided you can afford to run them there's some really good bargains with used V8 powered cars now. The fuel thing is really starting to get under some people's skin, especially in Auckland but of course its actually much worse in remote parts of the country. Smaller fuel efficient cars are going up in price and anyone with a V8 might as well not bother trying to trade it in at present. The recently enacted families package increases should make a meaningful difference to Turners typical client. I am / was hopeful this might lead to a slightly lower level of delinquent and poorly performing loans going forward but whether this is a realistic hope I am not so sure.

Speaking with my good mate's wife who has done years of work with poor families mainly in South Auckland she said many of the poverty issues are to do with ingrained habits and addictions. Often these are intergenerational learned behaviors. In other words if someone has a problem with alcohol, smoking, drugs, gambling or such like giving them more money doesn't increase the likelihood that they'll make their car repayments on time, its actually more likely to exacerbate their existing problems and addictions and could in many cases be exactly the wrong thing.

I think those poorly performing MTF referred loans will not show much, if any improvement in delinquency rate as a result of the significant increases in support from the families package that kicked off on 1 July 2018 and Turners are dead right to tighten up their credit criteria. If people don't respects the whole loan and repayment thing, (the no asset procedure is a real risk for low level car loans) there's no point initiating with them in the first place.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-09-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No way keep that Trougher away from here, send her over to TGH/MPG or PEB she can't do much more harm to the SP of any of those three.

Default Most diverse board I have come across.

Maybe this was the Mai Chen quote Paul couldn’t find -

“It is important to ensure that we have diversity and inclusion, that we have the whole talent pool at the table, and that discrimination is not preventing talented ‘diverse’ people from being appointed as directors and from contributing effectively once they are appointed,”

Bold my doing ....not saying they are being discriminatory but excluding the HR person 100% mix of white males does make you wonder.
    Winner it seems to me that TRA got some diverse thinking not often found on company boards, 2 directors who not necessarily attend meetings.
    That is right TWO, it is not just Grant Baker who did not turn up to the AGM what bothers me but also the new director let slip that he would make an effort to attend at least every quarterly meeting. He might miss more meeting than he attend in person.
    Sounds like a diversity at TRA also found in the general population, some motivated and some freeloaders.
    TRA got no worries when it comes to lack of diversity on the board.

Last Annual Report included this —

The Turners Board adopted a Diversity and Inclusion Policy in September 2017 (a copy of which is available on the Turners website). The Board is responsible for setting measurable objectives for promoting diversity and inclusion within the Company and will do so from FY19 onwards

As an equal opportunity employer it will be interesting to see what measurable objectives they set and how they performed against them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Winner it seems to me that TRA got some diverse thinking not often found on company boards, 2 directors who not necessarily attend meetings.
    That is right TWO, it is not just Grant Baker who did not turn up to the AGM what bothers me but also the new director let slip that he would make an effort to attend at least every quarterly meeting. He might miss more meeting than he attend in person.
    Sounds like a diversity at TRA also found in the general population, some motivated and some freeloaders.
    TRA got no worries when it comes to lack of diversity on the board.
    Great post, what you're encouraging here is diversity in thought about the way we conceptualize what diversity means, well done !
    Personally I like the way they don't pander to the PC brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Great post, what you're encouraging here is diversity in thought about the way we conceptualize what diversity means, well done !
    Personally I like the way they don't pander to the PC brigade.
    Fully agree with you Beagle to much time spend pandering these days.

Bold my doing ....not saying they are being discrimatory but excluding the HR person 100% mix of white males does make you wonder.
    You dont think its kinda offensive excluding the woman to make your statistics fit?
    But lets look at their diversity. Some are older and some are younger. Some are fully sighted and some arent. Some are fully hair folickeled and others not so. Can they all think? Well they are bright enough to scheme a payrise so doing better than most of the population.

Theres six people on the board. I dont spot a one legged one, nor a gay one (oops am I allowed to say that?), a foreign one, nor a turban wearing one, nor a religious one, nor an indigenous one, nor a breasted one, nor a young un, nor a poor one, nor an infirm one, nor a lesbian one (cos you cant have a gay without a lesbian - that wouldn't be rightful thinking), nor a Green Environmentalist one. Hang on a moment - how big would you like this Board to be to that it is properly diverse? ( I'll bet that any of the aforementioned are equally able to think of ways of sticking their snout in the trough - so what would you like that differentiates them as worthy Board Members)