sharetrader
Page 313 of 385 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5765
  1. #4681
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    Buy a truck and try to compete with Mainfreight.
    Brand.
    NZ's most trusted used car brands....Turners and BuyRight Cars.
    Last edited by percy; 14-03-2019 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #4682
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Interesting that with only 17 days left to go to year end, TRA is not prepared or able to give a trading update?

    Also, while the presentation slides of the half year results (Nov 2018) and the Forsake (Oops - Forbar) are substantially the same, there is one very interesting (and telling?) difference :

    1. Slide 4 of HY19 http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...417/291312.pdf

    "Expecting consolidation in the used car industry'

    Now turns to Slide 7 http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...936/296734.pdf

    Now "Correction / consolidation occurring in the dealer markets which is good for Turners med/long term"

    [B]Good med/long term?????

    [/B]Clearly, TRA is being impacted short term then!

    And why should TRA expect to be a beneficiary when barriers to entry in the used car industry is so low?
    Yeap I picked that up too mate and skim read the presentation and interpreted it as basically confirming the downgrade announcement of November 2018.
    None of this surprises me though and is probably factored in to the current share price. Those hoping for an eventual recovery to the former glory days of $3.80+ are in my opinion going to need a GREAT deal of patience.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  3. #4683
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Buy a truck and try to compete with Mainfreight.
    Brand.
    NZ's most trusted used car brands....Turners and BuyRight Cars.
    BuyRight Cars - most trusted used car brands?

    Says who?

    They certainly advertise a lot but that's a function of scale.

    I can tell you that BuyRight Cars is definitely NOT a quality used car dealer from personal experience! You just have to see some of the crap (high mileage aged Jap cars) they sell on their yard!

    And by TRA's own admission, they bought a bit of a dog?
    Last edited by Balance; 14-03-2019 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #4684
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap I picked that up too mate and skim read the presentation and interpreted it as basically confirming the downgrade announcement of November 2018.
    None of this surprises me though and is probably factored in to the current share price.
    Tend to agree with you but one has this nagging feeling that the downgrade is going to be a lot worse than the 5-10%.

  5. #4685
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    BuyRight Cars - most trusted used car brands?

    Says who?

    They certainly advertise a lot but that's a function of scale.

    I can tell you that BuyRight Cars is definitely NOT a quality used car dealer from personal experience! You just have to see some of the crap (high mileage aged Jap cars) they sell on their yard!

    And by TRA's own admission, they bought a bit of a dog?
    From Turners brand research .Nov 2017..[sorry nothing later that I have seen].
    Buy Right Cars Nov 2017;Satisfaction 88%.Likelihood to repurchase 77%.

  6. #4686
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Tend to agree with you but one has this nagging feeling that the downgrade is going to be a lot worse than the 5-10%.
    They have an official forecast in the market which they subsequently qualified on 27 November. One presumes that the directors know about their continuous disclosure requirements under NZX listing rules ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  7. #4687
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Buy a truck and try to compete with Mainfreight.
    Brand.
    NZ's most trusted used car brands....Turners and BuyRight Cars.
    C’mon Percy ...most trusted?

    2 Cheap Cars looks more trusted (8% v 4%) than Buy Right

    Somebody once told me once that the gold standard of most trusted brands is the Readers Digest one.....and that used car dealers aren’t included as nobody trusts a used car dealer to start with.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  8. #4688
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C’mon Percy ...most trusted?

    2 Cheap Cars looks more trusted (8% v 4%) than Buy Right

    Somebody once told me once that the gold standard of most trusted brands is the Readers Digest one.....and that used car dealers aren’t included as nobody trusts a used car dealer to start with.
    Shades of sentiment clouding judgement?

  9. #4689
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    13,155

    Default

    Buy Right cars needs a name change to Better Days Cars lol
    Better days at Larry love used cars, what could possibly go wrong lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VbX22w9qws Come on Percy, you gotta admit it is kind of funny. I guess some of Turners end of life vehicles would fit right in on Larry's car lot
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-03-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  10. #4690
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    "We have recently undertaken market research which shows that the Turners brand stands out strongly as the most "trusted" brand in the used car market and the brand that has the most awareness'.
    Chair and CEO's report page 6 TRA's annual report 2018.
    You must have missed it W69.
    Last edited by percy; 14-03-2019 at 02:28 PM.

  11. #4691
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "We have recently undertaken market research which shows that the Turners brand stands out strongly as the most "trusted" brand in the used car market and the brand that has the most awareness'.
    Chair and CEO's report page 6 TRA's annual report 2018.
    And the presenation today had a chart of the trusted brands

    Turners score shown as 45% .....Buy Right Cars 4% ...Others pretty trusted at 25%

    Sample was 200

    Awesome chart ....charts like that always give management the warm fuzzies ..but probably doesn’t mean very much at the end of the day.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-03-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  12. #4692
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Buy Right cars needs a name change to Better Days Cars lol
    Better days at Larry love used cars, what could possibly go wrong lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VbX22w9qws Come on Percy, you gotta admit it is kind of funny. I guess some of Turners end of life vehicles would fit right in on Larry's car lot
    Funny very.
    Even funnier is I know a guy importing Larry's stock and making good money doing it.!
    The old Ford parts truck sells for good money.!!

  13. #4693
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,034

    Default

    Hope the share price doesn’t fall back to 224 today
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

  14. #4694
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And the presenation today had a chart of the trusted brands

    Turners score shown as 45% .....Buy Right Cars 4% ...Others pretty trusted at 25%

    Sample was 200

    Awesome chart ....charts like that always give management the warm fuzzies ..but probably doesn’t mean very much at the end of the day.
    Work to be done at BuyRight.
    Sorry to other posters,however I missed this page in the presentation.
    Last edited by percy; 14-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.

  15. #4695
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    24,034

    Default

    Presentation says Earnings per Share is consistent

    Suppose that’s true if it’s still about the same as 4 to 5 years ago.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

    –Benjamin Graham”

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •