sharetrader
Page 315 of 840 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Percy I agree with you that with the amount those directors have invested in TRA one would expect a focused and motivated board.
    However what I sense is a very low energy bunch of board members.
    Not turning up for meetings in my view is very disrespectful to the shareholders and fellow directors and makes me wonder about commitment when difficult decisions need to be made. Turning up on the job sure must be an expectation we can have.
    The wagging kids at my school were never the best performers.
    As well as the shareholder notice of 11th June, with the In Specie distribution, Grant Baker's shareholder notice of 19th June stated he spent another $1,516,611.18 buying another 500,000 TRA shares.
    Now that can not be said to be wagging school, or fornicating behind the bike sheds.!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...172/245033.pdf
    3 October last time so I'd expect timing pretty similar this time around. Note the conversion price last time.
    Be spooky if it was $2.945 again

Wonder if share price is still about this time next year?
    Last edited by winner69; 01-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As well as the shareholder notice of 11th June, with the In Specie distribution, Grant Baker's shareholder notice of 19th June stated he spent another $1,516,611.18 buying another 500,000 TRA shares.
    Now that can not be said to be wagging school, or fornicating behind the bike sheds.!
    , You right Percy, it is not all negative. It is just that I like people to turn up to the job and when the new director Martin Berry said he would make an effort to attend at least an quarter of the board meetings in person I was shocked. Seems like this wagging is contagious and spreading, I expect more commitment than "I will put some effort in".

Ofcourse one can look at TRA got this far without Martin Berry so he is maybe not that important.
    Last edited by forest; 01-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.

percy

, You right Percy, it is not all negative. It is just that I like people to turn up to the job and when the new director Martin Berry said he would make an effort to attend at least an quarter of the board meetings in person I was shocked. I expect more commitment than "I will put some effort in".

Ofcourse one can look at TRA got this far without Martin Berry so he is maybe not that important.
    Look at the board's skill set.
    Martin Berry has brought skills to Turners the board wants.
    Board members spend a lot of time on those companies business.Board meetings are only a part of it.
    Offcourse I would like to see Martin loading up with shares.It may or may not happen,but it is his skill set,and contacts that will benefit Turners.
    Last edited by percy; 01-10-2018 at 11:43 AM.

, You right Percy, it is not all negative. It is just that I like people to turn up to the job and when the new director Martin Berry said he would make an effort to attend at least an quarter of the board meetings in person I was shocked. Seems like this wagging is contagious and spreading, I expect more commitment than "I will put some effort in".

Martin is based in Singapore. I think it's perfectly reasonable he only attends 1/4 of the meetings in person. The rest of them he can video call in for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Martin is based in Singapore. I think it's perfectly reasonable he only attends 1/4 of the meetings in person. The rest of them he can video call in for.
    Ooh - a Singaporean. Now there's a bit of diversity.

Handsome Member

With technology there are a lot of way to attend meetings effectively without being there in person. I would have liked Turners to have had a proper video solution in place as they knew Grant would not be there in person. And should have been Grants responsibility to get a decent internet connection for a couple hours.
    I think Spark now to a video wall solution out the box - maybe something to look at in future meetings etc.
    I have to agree I didnt like the fact the Chairman was not on-site but I think a better video solution should have been sort instead of Grand listening in and not uttering a word. He was very segregated and didnt join any of the conversations. Not being there didnt mean he should have stayed silent....my opinion. He might as well just watched the Youtube feed if he was planning on not being involved in discussion esp when the step in chairman was trying to defend him not being there. Made no sense to me, talking on behalf of someone that was available to talk....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Ooh - a Singaporean. Now there's a bit of diversity.
    But wait there is more...…!!

He did apologise for being an Australian...!!

Maybe taking diversity a bit too far.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Look at the board's skill set.
    Martin Berry has brought skills to Turners the board wants.
    Board members spend a lot of time on those companies business.Board meetings are only a part of it.
    Offcourse I would like to see Martin loading up with shares.It may or may not happen,but it is his skill set,and contacts that will benefit Turners.
    The end of the day we do not know if the board members put a lot of effort in or not, it is hard to judge them most of the time.
    All I can do is observe their enthusiasm in the company, I must have sensed that at a lower level than yourself.

Some directors have serious money invested, some have a more token amount and a couple have no shares at all. So a mix bag on this front.

To me there seem to be room for improvement on this board.

percy

The end of the day we do not know if the board members put a lot of effort in or not, it is hard to judge them most of the time.
    All I can do is observe their enthusiasm in the company, I must have sensed that at a lower level than yourself.

Some directors have serious money invested, some have a more token amount and a couple have no shares at all. So a mix bag on this front.

To me there seem to be room for improvement on this board.
    This Turners board would be the envy of a great many companies.
    I am most impressed.They have laid strong foundations for a great company.[it will show in a year or two]
    Paul Byrne in particular. He was offcourse Hugh Green's appointment.
    Last edited by percy; 01-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.