sharetrader
Page 32 of 840 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    No announcement yet so assume Byrnes wasn't the buyer
    I dont think there is a time period requirement for a director to announce a shareholding change. Can someone advice on this?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

There must be a time period otherwise there is no need to disclose. My thougts were 2 weeks but that is only a guess

The rules are on the NZX website...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Looks like a large buyer is prepare to take out VIK's holding.

Something's up!!!
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Looks like a large buyer is prepare to take out VIK's holding.
    How much more is VIK trying to sell?

DPC has had another good drop on the back of LOM as well. Can anyone see DPC breaking 50c?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

DPC has had another good drop on the back of LOM as well. Can anyone see DPC breaking 50c?
    I am not sure exactly. Assuming VIK was the seller yesterday, they will only have less than 700k to sell. The more interesting question is who is the buyer and why are they prepare to buy such a large chunk of stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Easily - Ask yourself - how much operating profit did they make in the last two years before the finance world went kaput? Will they accurately report provisions on the loan book? Have they sold Equity investment advisors & why not (is it loss making?) What is the current NTA after they have sold the property? Will investor sentiment turn positive on the finance sector while the media have a blue chip / MFS / LOM / Geneva / field day with endless tales of misery to sell papers / advertising with?

A better question is - what are the odds on this company not going into receivership? They are never quoted as one of the big boys & appear to be under capitalised.
    I am very negative on this one & have been for a long time - Can anyone change my mind with any factual positives on this company??????
    Last edited by dsurf; 07-04-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Dont need to change your mind Dsurf. If you dont like it, then stay well clear of it. Maybe you can sleep better at nights. This stock is for people with large steel balls that dont need to sleep and have a $2,000 Italian coffee maker in the kitchen.

DPC is now considered a speccy stock. However most speccy stocks start the otherway. i.e start ups and not mature co's.

itheresting volume and good point.. who is buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Dont need to change your mind Dsurf. If you dont like it, then stay well clear of it. Maybe you can sleep better at nights. This stock is for people with large steel balls that dont need to sleep and have a $2,000 Italian coffee maker in the kitchen.
    I would rather make money & not have steel balls. Mind you you could make a 10 bagger if it goes to 5c