sharetrader
Page 326 of 840 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 8391
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Oh yah! Its about 1/10th of the lost capital value.
    I don’t think many shares are doing well this year based on today’s values and it could go down further.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Oh yah! Its about 1/10th of the lost capital value.
    Sure get that, however at least they are paying a decent divvy for your investment.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All set to open.
    Looks good.
    The signage on the container looks brilliant.
    Drove past today Perc , looks well stocked plenty of cars on the lot .

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Drove past today Perc , looks well stocked plenty of cars on the lot .
    Thanks,
    Thought it looked good in the photos.
    I think we will see more of these small Turners Car yards,most probably on Auckland's North Shore next.

percy

Some brokers refer to Turners as a retail stock.
    I guess they would call Colonial Motors a retail stock too.
    I think this is nonsense.
    Latest new car sales setting another record in October, most probably proves my point.
    Maybe we should think of Turners as a logistics company,moving cars from one owner to another.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Some brokers refer to Turners as a retail stock.
    I guess they would call Colonial Motors a retail stock too.
    I think this is nonsense.
    Latest new car sales setting another record in October, most probably proves my point.
    Maybe we should think of Turners as a logistics company,moving cars from one owner to another.?
    LOL then we can apply the same forward PE as Mainfreight right
    I see new vehicle sales hit an all time record in October (against a backdrop of the lowest business confidence since the GFC) and very low consumer confidence.
    Reading the tea leaves, what does this suggest ? I suspect their is considerable disquiet about the fuel price and a lot of people are out there buying a new considerably more fuel efficient car. I hope this translates right across the vehicle segment so that people driving really old cars are looking to upgrade to something second hand that's more efficient at Turners or Buy Right cars.
    I'm not sure it does but I hope it does. Hope is a strategy right ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-11-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I see new vehicle sales hit an all time record in October (against a backdrop of the lowest business confidence since the GFC) and very low consumer confidence.
    Reading the tea leaves, what does this suggest ? I suspect their is considerable disquiet about the fuel price and a lot of people are out there buying a new considerably more fuel efficient car. I hope this translates right across the vehicle segment so that people driving really old cars are looking to upgrade to something second hand that's more efficient at Turners or Buy Right cars.
    I think your strategy is correct.
    Busy new car market= busy used car market.
    Slow down in new car market takes time to be reflected in used car market.
    Dead new car market =slow used car market.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    More fuel efficient, not across the board ,sadly.

Double-cab Ute Nation | RNZ - Radio NZhttps://www.radionz.co.nz/programmes/two-cents-worth/.../double-cab-ute-nation

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Trading my fuel guzzler V8 today for something that's still very nice and grunty but ~ 40% more efficient. Would have gone electric but Jaguar are determined to severely price gouge early adopters of the I Pace. I suspect there's hordes of people out there with the warmer weather and record fuel prices out and about doing a similar thing to what I'm doing. Funnily enough Mrs Beagle wants a double cab ute...I'm doing my best to try and dissuade her.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-11-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Why does she want a ute - is due to it being the "in" vehicle to have or so she can put the grandkids in the ute part and won't be able hear them moan about not being there yet :-)