sharetrader
Page 329 of 840 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Plus many links eg to price me etc etc all on one website. Saves a huge amount of time.And to me another RARE place (like radio NZ National) where theres is no BIAS.
    Look JT - I do understand your excitement for the Consumer as well as for RNZ. This must be a historic moment to see the both of us agree on anything ;

But still - are we sure that this is the right thread to discuss these things?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Sure , when ive got time i will do that. Consumer needs our support and why not, where else can you find an incorruptible source.
    Dems looks to have house but not Senate
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 07-11-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Dividend yield at the current price of $2.75 based on company forecast of 17 cps fully imputed = (17.0 / 0.72) / 275 = 8.59% + growth in the years to come.
    PE ratio just 9.65 and eps and dps growth in the years ahead and yet the institutions are ignoring this stock ? Go figure ? Any theories why on market turnover is usually very low and its so illiquid ?
    https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...14/financials/
    Is it time for the company to consider an on market buy-back of its own shares seeing as the directors all seem to think that they're such good value at the recent annual meeting ? Words are cheap, back it up with action !
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-11-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Plus many links eg to price me etc etc all on one website. Saves a huge amount of time.And to me another RARE place (like radio NZ National) where theres is no BIAS.
    We are getting way off topic - so I'l close with what was the final nail in the coffin for me.

When Tivo came out Consumer rated it as the worse Freeview tuner on the market - when it was actually the best that was available (even today nothing in NZ beats a Tivo). The difference in view was they didn't have the technical expertise to understand the product. And it didn't require a lot of technical expertise. Eg they couldn't work out how big the hard drive was. Well it was in the specs, or alternatively undo half a dozen screws and you would find it plain as day. It got hammered for its power consumption on standby mode. Tivo doesn't have a standby mode - it is recording 2 channels 24.7. Two channel recording you say - yup Consumer didn't understand it was the only product with 2 channel recording - other PVRS could record. To an external hard drive, maybe only one channel - but Consumer did not measure the energy consumption of the external drive.

Consumer rated MySky - but you couldn't even buy that - it came as part of a Sky subscription

Consumers list of recommendations included the Sommet SHD - NZ3. It didn't have a recording function. It was plagued with problems Eg stuttering with audio / video out of sync, totally lost sound and difficult patch / upgrades. Their top recommendation was a Hyundai. But it wasn't Freeview certified, didn't have an internal hard drive recording function, had one tuner and only had a couple of days of Electronic Programme data.

The review was an absolute and total dogs breakfast. Totally worthless. Looked authentic but screamed an appalling lack of technical and product knowledge. Consumer seemed to be driven purely by stand-by use on the back of Climate Change.

That review appealed to the lowest level of consumer intellect. It showed the shabbiness of theri review processes and lack of technical understanding.

I have seen nothing from them that alters the view that they are catering to a very low level of consumer (with due respect to your good self)

If you are clueless and need help buying a vacuum cleaner then Consumer may have some value. Which is why you should ignore anything and every thing they have to say about Autosure insurance.
    Last edited by minimoke; 07-11-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Dividend yield at the current price of $2.75 based on company forecast of 17 cps fully imputed = (17.0 / 0.72) / 275 = 8.59% + growth in the years to come.
    PE ratio just 9.65 and eps and dps growth in the years ahead and yet the institutions are ignoring this stock ? Go figure ? Any theories why on market turnover is usually very low and its so illiquid ?
    https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...14/financials/
    Is it time for the company to consider an on market buy-back of its own shares seeing as the directors all seem to think that they're such good value at the recent annual meeting ? Words are cheap, back it up with action !
    Maybe from inst perspective tainted by the Dorchester connection

You sounding a bit desperate with that current share price.
    Last edited by winner69; 07-11-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I took advantage of the $1 for 3 months Consumer website access deal a year or so ago and still considered I'd lost out on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe from inst perspective tainted by the Dorchester connection

You sounding a bit desperate with that current share price.
    Perplexed is the correct adjective.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I took advantage of the $1 for 3 months Consumer website access deal a year or so ago and still considered I'd lost out on the deal.
    id agree ,loser status.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The last shareholder notices that I can remember were The Chairman and The CEO adding to their holdings.The board have a lot of skin on the line,which is real "action",not just words..
    Their strategy is excellent,building on their very strong business model.They know where they want to allocate capital for the best growth..They have "possible" large capital expenditure with the "possible" developements of Auckland and Christchurch super sites.Together with "possible" yards on the North Shore .A lot of " possibles" they will want to make "probables" so a share buy back would appear unlikely.So while the business is in a lot better shape than it was two years ago,and the future looks very bright,with a growing fully imputed dividend stream, the share price still goes backwards.
    What should a serious investor do.?...........
    Do your research and back yourself.
    "Buy one and get one half price"...!!!!!...lol.

ps.Next divie is at the end of January.
    Last edited by percy; 07-11-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    The problem with Consumer appliance reviews is that reliability and various quirks reveal themselves over time. So they focus a lot on aspects which come down to personal preference and only initial experience. I use www.productreview.com.au - see the experience of hundreds of australian consumers over years, with by and large exactly the same make and model of products as available here.
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 07-11-2018 at 09:13 PM.