sharetrader
Page 334 of 840 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434834 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Well, thats me gone. Stop loss triggered and cleaned out at $2.59. Carrying a real loss on this dog. Dividends DO NOT make up for capital losses. You got to draw a line somewhere and that line for me was reached today. Best of luck to other holders.

Bright light on horizon I now have some cash - so where to put it next?
    Yeah me too. I am hoping I am not venturing into the same stocks as the bowling club brigade again!

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Yeah me too. I am hoping I am not venturing into the same stocks as the bowling club brigade again!
    With us gone SP will no doubt rise!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its what they don't tell you that worries me. I suppose you'd like a good example ?...a bit like asking is the Pope a Catholic lol
    Case in point, we had a national roadshow of rah rah rah all around the country talking up the company's prospects and all the while the company would / should have known the first quarter results were tough, a fact they only admitted too months later at the annual meeting. I asked them at one of those roadshow's in July how trading had gone in the first quarter and the response I got was extremely dismissive as though I wasn't entitled to ask for that information. There is a genuine question in my mind and warranted a genuine answer at that time, not months later.
    Did they conceal the poor first quarters results so some shareholders in a privileged position, (as a result of all the hoopla generated by the national roadshow events) could sell down their shares at around $3.20 or are their accounting systems so poor they couldn't update shareholders on Q1 results at those roadshow events ?

You think that poor Q1 will show up in next weeks result ?
    The Christchurch Roadshow Turner's presentation was the best presentation I have ever been to.Better than RYM,EBO,HGH,MFT etc,etc.
    Went on for over two hours.
    All questions were answered fully.
    Were told to always buy your second hand car in Winter, as the market is the slowest then,so no surprises their first quarter was slow.Always will be.

I'm still holding on.
    I don't wanna sell at a loss, especially on no fresh news.
    Standing firm with ya percy!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The Christchurch Roadshow Turner's presentation was the best presentation I have ever been to.Better than RYM,EBO,HGH,MFT etc,etc.
    Went on for over two hours.
    All questions were answered fully.
    Were told to always buy your second hand car in Winter, as the market is the slowest then,so no surprises their first quarter was slow.Always will be.
    Agreed the presentation was of a good caliber but I remain bemused why Todd Hunter couldn't / wouldn't answer my question ? What is so difficult about giving investors a steer on how Q1 had gone in July ? My impression at the time was in effect his response was we can't release commercially sensitive information although a simple we're not going to talk about that or words to that effect could be interpreted in a number of ways.

Regarding your Chch presentation comment. It all depends upon the caliber of the questions asked. Nobody asked how the first quarter had gone at the Auckland roadshow except me. Nobody asked at the annual meeting how problematic MTF loans were going and what their average duration was except me. I guess my training as an auditor looking for problems has its occasional uses.

By the way, I gathered from the annual meeting their Q1 performance was poorer than a normal Q1 but others might have gathered a different perspective, (I was pretty hot under the collar about Grant Baker being too scared to face the music with his massive fee increase). Let's see how they go next week. The market is a very harsh taskmaster at present. Any chink in the armor of the robustness of their business model will not be well received.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

You should have come to the ChCh presentation.
    MTF loans were covered in depth by both Todd and Aaron as was Autosure.

Almost sounds like a capitulation?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Capitulation is reached when your broker sells his wife's shares.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    ‘Capitulation’ is the time to buy they say

But the neighbours bowling club mates haven’t ‘capitulated’....some are stil holding the ones they didnt sell when they moved onto Oceania. They were tempted with Z but kept out ....but the way Turners and Oceania are going that day might come.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So, while we are all sitting around and some might even bite fingernails in expectation of the great revelations next week, and while some people obviously can't stand the excitement and prefer to sell out - question is, what does the market expect?

So far I would expect a similar EPS than last year (maybe slightly lower) - say 13 cents for the first HY, an indication that the second half will be better (it always is) and (hopefully) on top of that some one off property gains, which percy thankfully brought to our attention.

On the other hand - if that's what the markets expect, than I don't understand the price trend ... somebody here must be really pessimistic.

So - what do you guys think, what would be in your view a really good HY result pushing the SP above the $3 (in my view something above 15 cents EPS without one offs) - and what would be a really terrible result (worse than the disaster the market seems to price in anyway? What do you think it will be?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)