sharetrader
Page 337 of 840 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 8398
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not going to wait too long for that $2.25 share price ....that will come soon

We’ll both be happy then ....you’ll be back in profit as well as collecting divies and I’ll be rapt taking my quick 25% profit.
    I'm really hoping you mean 3.25.... That will make me happy.

Chart tells me it’s oversold and about to spike
    RSI does indicate that but is that because they're about to deliver a shocker ? I guess you can draw some comfort from their forecast and their continuous disclosure requirements although how good their governance is when the chairman doesn't have the courage to even show up at the annual meeting and face the music (barking), is anyone's guess. Its cheap on a PE basis and gross yield I'll give you that, but the question is, is it cheap for a reason and is the board dysfunctional ? (deputy chair looked for all intents and purposes like he'd been thrown a hospital pass at the very last minute when chairing that meeting).
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I'm really hoping you mean 3.25.... That will make me happy.
    Shucks ...$3.22 to be precise ....early December

When’s next divie ...not that I collect divies
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Shucks ...$3.22 to be precise ....early December

When’s next divie ...not that I collect divies
    End of January.4 cps.
    I find my growing collection of divies most rewarding.
    In fact I would go so far as to say "i love them."

ps.I wonder if this time next week Beagle will be back in love with TRA.?...............lol.
    Last edited by percy; 22-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    RSI does indicate that but is that because they're about to deliver a shocker ? I guess you can draw some comfort from their forecast and their continuous disclosure requirements although how good their governance is when the chairman doesn't have the courage to even show up at the annual meeting and face the music (barking), is anyone's guess. Its cheap on a PE basis and gross yield I'll give you that, but the question is, is it cheap for a reason and is the board dysfunctional ? (deputy chair looked for all intents and purposes like he'd been thrown a hospital pass at the very last minute when chairing that meeting).
    I’ll enjoy the bit in the announcement that reads -

Chairman Mr Grant Baker, speaking from Switzerland, says the half year result beats our own high expectations and demonstrates that we have a robust integrated business to make Turners a great business.
    Last edited by winner69; 22-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Chairman Mr Grant Baker, speaking from Switzerland, says the half year result beats our own high expectations and demonstrates that we have a robust integrated business to make Turners a great business.
    I would be happy if Deputy Chair Paul Byrne, speaking on behalf of Chair Grant Baker, who is doing charity work in Bangladish,confirmed Turners business strategy is "well positioned."...

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    End of January.4 cps.
    I find my growing collection of divies most rewarding.
    In fact I would go so far as to say "i love them."

ps.I wonder if this time next week Beagle will be back in love with TRA.?...............lol.
    I am really at a loss on why you enjoy these divies so much. While you are enjoying 6% divies your capital has reduced 22% in the past 12 months. Every month your capital is being severely eroded. It looks like you would be better off to have the cash in your bank and make a withdrawal every quarter. That way you get some cash as well as a small erosion in capital - offset by any interest gained from your account.

LOL I think that's where he was at the last annual meeting. Probably saw the institutional voting and proxies and knew he was getting the increase and was relaxing in his lakefront villa looking out over lake Geneva thinking I don't need to front that angry Beagle...just let him bark his head off and let the poor deputy chair face the music.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I am really at a loss on why you enjoy these divies so much. While you are enjoying 6% divies your capital has reduced 22% in the past 12 months. Every month your capital is being severely eroded. It looks like you would be better off to have the cash in your bank and make a withdrawal every quarter. That way you get some cash as well as a small erosion in capital - offset by any interest gained from your account.
    Yes but since GFC my capital has increased about 400%.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The shares are actually down more than 33% from their high ~ 12 months ago. Some people who have held the whole way have to keep telling themselves the long term story is great. Others took measures to mitigate their losses and are taking a more realistic view on Turners prospects. I leave you to judge who you think is more sensible.