sharetrader
Page 352 of 840 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 8398
    Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm not buying nor selling TRA either but I don't agree with KW about not buying in a downtrend if that downtrend is not driven by a serious deterioration in company fundamentals but rather a Schizophrenic market.
    A downtrend is a downtrend, those that haven't heeded the markets warning (myself included) are paying for it with a paper loss beside their TRA holding.

KW's rule is golden if you want to protect profits and prevent yourself looking for 'bargain' stocks at the dog pound.

Red flags flying on this pup after those results, I now understand the reason for the sharp sell down last week (must be a leak or two in the Turners auction rooms)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    A downtrend is a downtrend, those that haven't heeded the markets warning (myself included) are paying for it with a paper loss beside their TRA holding.

KW's rule is golden if you want to protect profits and prevent yourself looking for 'bargain' stocks at the dog pound.

Red flags flying on this pup after those results, I now understand the reason for the sharp sell down last week (must be a leak or two in the Turners auction rooms)
    I noticed a couple of ChCh car dealers at the ChCh Turners presentation.One I know has a substantial holding in Turners.
    I would therefore take it was common "in the trade" that sales were slow.
    I did hear from a friend of a commercial van yard where sales have been extremely slow.

Interesting correlation between this and AHG's operations. Not for a second discounting your theory of insiders trading but perhaps savvy investors read this press release from AHG a few days ago ? Extract "The entire private buyer market has been weaker" https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201811...q9gklwrlr0.pdf
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Given apparently it was a terrible result, there wasn't exactly a panic rush for the exits (ie volume)

Banned

Each to their own but I question the market nous of those selling a few days before the start of a share buyback.
    Last edited by couta1; 27-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Share buybacks 4.5 million are to be bought back (is there a time frame?)
    I’ve only followed a few buy backs, but not on such a thinly traded stock.
    Surely this will boost the price?
    Assuming they bought about 50000 a day (unlikely), it would still take 18 weeks at that rate)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    Assuming they bought about 50000 a day (unlikely), it would still take 18 weeks at that rate)
    I suppose some buy backs work,but really Turners need "runs on the board" ie real proof their strategy is leading to increasing nett profits.

I believe it will,but the market does not.

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    They can start Friday and said can buy through to March 31st. All trades through NZX market platform with no off market trades. FNZC doing the buying.

No purchases on the ASX .....that’s the funny bit
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They can start Friday and said can buy through to March 31st. All trades through NZX market platform with no off market trades. FNZC doing the buying.

No purchases on the ASX .....that’s the funny bit
    No off market trades I like that bit, only sellers will be your standard reef fish in the main.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't know about brave.
    Looking rather foolish at present.
    Neither buying or selling.
    Foolish is not a word I would ever ascribe to you Percy. I peg you as a very astute investor who does very thorough research and has learned to trust the companys who do what they say they will do. This time round you have been let down by them. This is no reflection on you at all Percy. I for one hold your opinion in great regard