sharetrader
Page 353 of 840 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 8391
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Foolish is not a word I would ever ascribe to you Percy. I peg you as a very astute investor who does very thorough research and has learned to trust the companys who do what they say they will do. This time round you have been let down by them. This is no reflection on you at all Percy. I for one hold your opinion in great regard
    Thanks RupertBear.
    A new definition for you.
    "What is a long term share holding"?
    "A short term one that did not work out right"!!!
    Looks as though I will remain a long term shareholder.....lol.

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    Share buybacks 4.5 million are to be bought back (is there a time frame?)
    I’ve only followed a few buy backs, but not on such a thinly traded stock.
    Surely this will boost the price?
    Assuming they bought about 50000 a day (unlikely), it would still take 18 weeks at that rate)
    I would be very surprised if they buy back that many shares. Quite often companies quote a higher number of shares to be acquired to give them 'head room' if required. FNZC will have certain instructions on how many to purchase and at what price (% above/below vwap or previous close) each day, to keep an 'orderly market'.

Liquidity isn't the best in TRA and following the buy back it will surely get worse.

I reckon the buy back will be good for the SP so I bought a few today. Good dividend feeding at this level. On a light hearted note anyone ever wondering why I chose Beagle as my user name might like to see how cunning and determined they are to get a feed. You might be surprised at their cunning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQiPWufjwU

Besides that, Snoopy the other Beagle is into this and some of my other mates are too so what could possibly go wrong lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-11-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I prefer to see share buy backs done from a position of strength, not as a tool used by a company to prop up its share price.
    Will be interesting to see what the market makes of it. Does not change the fact there is no growth or that there are difficult trading conditions with tight margins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I prefer to see share buy backs done from a position of strength, not as a tool used by a company to prop up its share price.
    Will be interesting to see what the market makes of it. Does not change the fact there is no growth or that there are difficult trading conditions with tight margins.
    Buying back shares because the company believes the current SP is below Intrinsic value is a good reason, besides it will get rid of a lot of reef fish and build a more solid shareholder base. PS- I hate those fishing days when your baits are being constantly stripped by small reefies.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Buying back shares because the company believes the current SP is below Intrinsic value is a good reason, besides it will get rid of a lot of reef fish and build a more solid shareholder base. PS- I hate those fishing days when your baits are being constantly stripped by small reefies.
    Yes, agree. Quite a different thing when a company like Apple with its HUGE cash reserves buys back its stock.

New car sales still right up there, so is there a bit of a glut of used cars due to this (trade ins etc.) and/or are more people buying new rather than used.
    There are plenty of small new cars around now ( with more safety gear/tech etc.) priced not much more than a good slightly bigger used car. May be the "second" car is smaller and new rather than 2nd hand
    Plus seems to be a Used car yard popping up nearly every where there's a spare bit of dirt these days.

As an aside AutoSelect in Panmure Auckland has expanded to take over some of the old Moyes Holden yard.

Disc: Do not hold currently
    Last edited by Jay; 28-11-2018 at 06:52 AM. Reason: added an aside

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I reckon the buy back will be good for the SP so I bought a few today. Good dividend feeding at this level.
    I'd been tempted for that very reason but then I checked this morning and saw that my bid for OCA at $1.14 finally went through last night so that's my pocket money all spent.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    In agreement. I see this as financial fiddling.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I'd been tempted for that very reason but then I checked this morning and saw that my bid for OCA at $1.14 finally went through last night so that's my pocket money all spent.
    Long term I can't see you going wrong at that price.
    TRA - I think people are pricing it as a no growth company as though the current difficult trading conditions will exist permanently. I think that's as fundamentally erroneous as saying the Labour party who have seriously undermined business confidence will be in power permanently. I have some reservations about Grant Baker but I think Todd Hunter is doing a good job. PE is less than 9 and gross yield more than 9% with a $10m+ buyback coming. Hmmmm
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine