sharetrader
Page 356 of 840 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 8393
    Banned

Hmm looking at that sell side it could still be one seller, just one on every sell number except $2.82, strange numbers on some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    and everyones hoping that 10 - 20% decline in business doesnt mean reduced dividends and buybacks reduced to conserve cash

What part of very high fuel costs in October that have now come back down is so hard for you to wrap your head around ? Did you actually notice that the company said that IF October conditions persist through the second half. Did you miss the word IF ?

Let me re-post it for you to help in your comprehension If October market conditions continue to be the environment we are working in, NPBT could be impacted by 5 – 10% from our previous guidance range of $34m to $36m.”

IF is not a GIVEN is it !
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Great stuff!

If the economy slows down and people have less money than more people need to revert to buying second hand cars if their old vehicle reaches the end of its useful life. Time to buy more TRA?

Bull, you used to be more bearish - and now this strong supporting argument for TRA. What happend?
    I don't think this is the case. If you go to stats NZ you can see second hand vehicle registrations over the last 10 years. Second hand sales are historically very high at the moment.

I like the TRA business model but my thinking has changed, I now believe it is top of the cycle for them. Therefore it seems to expensive at the moment. Good chance they will grow cross cycle though so some p/e premium to a no growth cyclical is likely warranted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    I like the TRA business model but my thinking has changed, I now believe it is top of the cycle for them. Therefore it seems to expensive at the moment. Good chance they will grow cross cycle though so some p/e premium to a no growth cyclical is likely warranted.
    Have a look at the chart over the last five years, it's never been cheaper than it is right now, market overreaction and too cheap IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Have a look at the chart over the last five years, it's never been cheaper than it is right now, market overreaction and too cheap IMO.
    As they say, the knife is falling. When to catch the falling knife?. I reckon its probably gone nearly as low as its likely to. I've put an order in. Lets see how low it will go.

Jeez, since bull.... mentioned Turners debt levels are bad the share price has slumped into the 240s

Beagle told me to sell yesterday (no way going to get your 25%) .....should have listened as even getting back to breakeven of 257 seems a long way off

Todd was on the radio this morning .....stuttered his way through a few things but said that car sharing won’t hurt Turners
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, since bull.... mentioned Turners debt levels are bad ....
    Not helped by the need to find $10 - $12m for a share buy back

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Not helped by the need to find $10 - $12m for a share buy back
    Plenty of unused funds with the bank .....and could cheekily use the insurance float
    Last edited by winner69; 28-11-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Wonder if Grant will do his own little buy back... got to use those extras directors fees on something. Probably going towards a new Ferrari though.