sharetrader
Page 357 of 840 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 8393

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Wonder if Grant will do his own little buy back... got to use those extras directors fees on something. Probably going towards a new Ferrari though.
    Grants getting grumpy because nobody wants to buy all the shares ...exit plan not working. Even the well networked Singapore guy cant seem to find a buyer

Get out of jail card is the only hope but then even at 300 / 320 the entranced ones would say opportunistic and resist to the end
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeez share price still going down ...might be 230 something before the buyback starts

Baker et al nearly 20% down on their last purchase
    Last edited by winner69; 28-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Buying TRA shares isn’t investing ...its speculation

Ben Graham wrote about this in his book Security Analysis

percy

Ben might not,but I think property,sales,finance, and insurance would have his disciple ,Warren filling his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buying TRA shares isn’t investing ...its speculation

Ben Graham wrote about this in his book Security Analysis
    ??? Its not speculation. Its got real earnings. Investing in companies that might earn some money one day or might not is speculation, like PPH.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

If automotive sale are not doing so well as noted then the insurance business is going to slide as well, right? Property developments will be one offs.
    Where would greater earnings come from? Their new sites?

I like their great model of clipping the ticket throughout the chain but it all starts with the first step of a customer walking in to purchase a used car. If that is having headwinds short term then there will be issues with the rest of the chain, is that right? Or am I missing something.... Their downgrade of profit was a kick in the gut for me personally. **sigh**

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    If automotive sale are not doing so well as noted then the insurance business is going to slide as well, right? Property developments will be one offs.
    Where would greater earnings come from? Their new sites?

I like their great model of clipping the ticket throughout the chain but it all starts with the first step of a customer walking in to purchase a used car. If that is having headwinds short term then there will be issues with the rest of the chain, is that right? Or am I missing something.... Their downgrade of profit was a kick in the gut for me personally. **sigh**
    120 new dealers added in the last 6 months should go a long way to support finance and insurance's growth.
    $4mil Turners originated finance loans a month going via TRA's Oxford Finance, rather than MTF,will add extra margin to Oxford.
    Upskilling Turners sales staff should help them add on finance and insurance.
    And yes new sites ,and new developed sites will add to sales, as well as property development margins..

NB.Slow down.From what I understand it was October,and it was only Auckland.I hear November is tracking better.
    It was pointed out BuyRight Cars in Hamilton is trading better than expected. Early days for Wellington City and New Plymouth
    Last edited by percy; 28-11-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez share price still going down ...might be 230 something before the buyback starts

Baker et al nearly 20% down on their last purchase
    You could be right. Closed at $2.46 and edging closer to my buy offer - which may have to be revised downwards. Buyers starting to dry up.

When you are in a hole, stop digging. I dug a bit yesterday and am now deeper in my own hole. I have locked the shovel away and its not coming out again.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Out of love already?
    No surprises there...lol.