sharetrader
Page 359 of 840 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 8393

A lot of misery guts people out there.
    The 30th September half was a mainly winter period with a 3% profit increase (taking off the property deal)

Why October (a month outside the reporting period) and a possible 5-10% downgrade had to be mentioned in this release is questionable, there are 5 more months to go in the next period.
    October saw petrol prices of nearly $2.55 so people had less money to spend (and were in shock) and many cars were probably undesirable buys as well.
    The weather in October was poor.

Petrol is now $2.08 in Wgtn, $1.95 in Levin
    Summer is coming
    The Govt enquiry in to petrol prices may also lower prices as well as the glut

Advanced Member

Could Turners become a takeover target for HBL? I would think this right up their alley.... Maybe a capital raise and no dividend for HBL, but a new asset.

The Govt enquiry in to petrol prices may also lower prices as well as the glut[/QUOTE]

Probably no need for the enquiry now. Just the threat was enough to scare the Arabs into dropping the price of crude and cause the $US to fall dropping the pump price here.
    SCOTTY

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The market will always have another lesson to teach you no matter how much you learn and or how good you think you are.
    The market isn't in the business of teaching lessons, it's up to us as investors to learn our own lessons from the market and our actions within it.

A great investor will study his losses and learn from their mistakes (sometimes many repeated mistakes are required to really learn). They know that they may not always be right, but will always have a plan in place to manage any downside.

Losing some money on an investment is part of the risk, losing a lot of money is not.

One day I hope to be a great investor

NZX opening will be interesting tomorrow. TRA SP must be at near an all time low. So does company accept this is the floor and buy up large. Or accept SP will fall even further and by waiting a little they can get more at a lesser price.

So whose up for a little game: what will volume be at COB tomorrow. I'll go first. 500k shares at less than $2.50

(Be wary the big spenders - there is one person there out to buy 25 shares - weird!)

Would assume there are rules how the buyback is managed ..................

Don't hold

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    NZX opening will be interesting tomorrow. TRA SP must be at near an all time low. So does company accept this is the floor and buy up large. Or accept SP will fall even further and by waiting a little they can get more at a lesser price.

So whose up for a little game: what will volume be at COB tomorrow. I'll go first. 500k shares at less than $2.50

(Be wary the big spenders - there is one person there out to buy 25 shares - weird!)
    Buyback starts Friday mini

Wonder what this really means - Turners will adhere to an established set of principles agreed with its broker that seek to ensure that the buyback does not distort the market price for shares.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

TRA share price has to go up today .....doesn’t it?

World markets all happy again ...that’s a start

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buyback starts Friday mini
    Damn - I've lost a day somewhere. Oh well, thats one I'll never get back

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Damn - I've lost a day somewhere. Oh well, thats one I'll never get back
    It has been a long week ...esp in Turnerland