sharetrader
Page 364 of 840 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 8391

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Is 25,000 at $2.55 their opening buy-back bid?
    Looks like it to me mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Looks like it to me mate.
    If that is the case then that is very irresponsible on their brokers part. Considering closing price yesterday and past days trading. I doubt that was TRA buyback but if it is well the mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    If that is the case then that is very irresponsible on their brokers part. Considering closing price yesterday and past days trading. I doubt that was TRA buyback but if it is well the mind boggles.
    Agree there mate

Who on this thread is going to keep a running total of what they buy and how much for ...we will get announcements daily (if they buy)

Too much hype around this buyback methinks ....wonder what this means — • Turners will adhere to an established set of principles agreed with its broker that seek to ensure that the buyback does not distort the market price for shares.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Most buybacks have a rule of thumb / best practice that only a certain percentage of the daily turnover should be buyback related.
    Last edited by winner69; 30-11-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Well, someone has picked the 25,000 up pre-open.

Odd that there is 20,000 available for sale at less than $2.55

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Odd that there is 20,000 available for sale at less than $2.55
    Used car salesmen tricks .....be careful

Hi all Todd Hunter here....I think it is worth just clarifying the safeguard guidelines that we adhere to in regard to the Buyback...there are no "tricks" going on.

1. Turners will only buy back Shares through NZX’s trading/order matching system and during normal trading hours (i.e. there will be no off-market transactions).
    2. Shares will not be purchased at a price which is more than 10% above the average closing price for Shares on the NZSX over the previous five trading days.
    3. Turners will not take part in the opening transaction on a trading day.
    4. it is intended that the purchases by Turners over a one week period will not exceed 30% of the volume of Shares traded over that one week period.

The Management and Directors believe this is a good use of our capital at present, and based on the investor meetings I have had this week everyone agrees. You may also have noticed that our Chairman Grant Baker purchased 100,000 shares himself yesterday.

As an aside I am happy to arrange a conference call or meeting with Grant and myself for anyone who is interested in talking through the business or to answer any specific questions. todd.hunter@turners.co.nz

Thanks
    Todd

Banned

Thanks for outlining the above Todd, clears things up.

Sorry have just realised that many of you have picked up on Grant's share purchase yesterday...apologies for covering old ground there.