sharetrader
Page 377 of 840 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 8393

I took a contrarian investor approach to Chorus when it fell to the $1.30's and Air NZ when it eased back into the $1.70's and both investments paid off. I'm not so sure about this one though....but whenever there is fear and negative sentiment, there are investment opportunities (albeit for the bravehearted) and so I'm watching this one with interest.

Discl. holder

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, that Craig’s forecast of EPS of 22 cents for F19 (F18 was 29 cents) is a shocker

According to that marketscreener thing here are brokers earnings trend —

2018 23.4m
    2019 23.3m
    2020 21.3m
    2021 24.6m

Pretty dismal picture and makes lies of the words/hype from the company

No wonder the share price is sinking

A strong trend in place. Trends don’t change unless there’s a shock to the system

Time for heads to roll ....whose going to be the first sacrificial lamb
    Just wondering whether Craigs considered the recent investigation into NZTA ... They seemed to have been pretty lax in allowing dodgy garages for many years to issue warrant of fitness statements when the vehicle was anything but fit for driving on public roads.

I'd expect that the publicity of this case will make warrants in general a bit more fit for purpose, meaning many rustbuckets will leave our roads over the next 12 months for good.

This must be good for the used car business - and Turners can even make money with the rustbuckets which are past their useful life;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just wondering whether Craigs considered the recent investigation into NZTA ... They seemed to have been pretty lax in allowing dodgy garages for many years to issue warrant of fitness statements when the vehicle was anything but fit for driving on public roads.

I'd expect that the publicity of this case will make warrants in general a bit more fit for purpose, meaning many rustbuckets will leave our roads over the next 12 months for good.

This must be good for the used car business - and Turners can even make money with the rustbuckets which are past their useful life;
    Good stuff BP ......windfall profits on the horizon for Turners ...that’s good news
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Handsome Member

LAC, not really ‘in the red’ are they as the shares have been cancelled.
    Nah what i meant was, when I saw the price yesterday I realised how much in the Red "I" was in my portfolio because of TRA being $2.48

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Nah what i meant was, when I saw the price yesterday I realised how much in the Red "I" was in my portfolio because of TRA being $2.48
    Their much appreciated dividend wont cover the loss

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I see ....but take consolation you now own more of the company than last week.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeez, that Craig’s forecast of EPS of 22 cents for F19 (F18 was 29 cents) is a shocker

According to that marketscreener thing here are brokers earnings trend —

2018 23.4m
    2019 23.3m
    2020 21.3m
    2021 24.6m

Pretty dismal picture and makes lies of the words/hype from the company

No wonder the share price is sinking

A strong trend in place. Trends don’t change unless there’s a shock to the system

Time for heads to roll ....whose going to be the first sacrificial lamb
    Those numbers make somber reading mate but no worries for Percy as he's married to this company and his infatuation is insatiable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those numbers make somber reading mate but no worries for Percy as he's married to this company and his infatuation is insatiable.
    I still remember being in this position a few times, my arrogance got the better of me (definitely not calling Percy Arrogant) and I lost big time. I really appreciate both sides of whether a share is good or bad and do understand people need to do their own research. I lost by not listening to some comments on this site concerning different shares. Sometimes it pays to listen.

wheres the buyback bids lol
    one step ahead of the herd

i have tra gearing at 65% they really are leveraged hope sales dont fall of too bad
    one step ahead of the herd