sharetrader
Page 379 of 840 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 8398
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe that’s why most don’t love Turners or want to avoid it ......the association with Dorchester

Weren’t Dorchester one of those finance companies perceived to be a bit dodgy?
    And one of the only finance companies to survive the GFC of 2008, kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i think doing the share buyback is good , but reducing the debt levels would make tra a much more appealing company.

Cash flows is what the market wants to see , if sales are declining so will there cash flow. 12 mil int exp is huge and not something you want to tackle in a declining market.
    I don't think you understand their business. If your business is to borrow money at low rates and loan it to others at high rates, than having lots of debts is good.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't think you understand their business. If your business is to borrow money at low rates and loan it to others at high rates, than having lots of debts is good.
    if there business was so good the share price wouldnt be 2.43 and down 25% for the ytd

i have given my suggestion to help the business
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

if there business was so good the share price wouldnt be 2.43 and down 25% for the ytd

C'mon bull, only trust the market sometimes, XRO went from $12 quickly up to $45 then back to $12 and then to $50, which market was right? PS- I'm comparing the sentiment not the stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With 120 "new dealers" added in the past 6 months, finance and insurance will most probably increase,and help to improve cash flow,while Turners moving $4mil of their own originated deals to their Oxford Finance, rather than MTF, will improve margins.
    Insurance reserves are being used to fund developments,rather than outside debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Maybe bull... might say you don’t understand ‘leverage’

Debt ‘segmentstion’ is not known (haven’t checked with Snoops) but I see Borrowings are higher than Finance Receivables ...I don’t know whether that is was or not

If borrowing is so good (your comment) why have the had to go cap in hand to shareholders a few times late,y
    Last edited by winner69; 05-12-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The market is (per definition) always right about setting the price, however it frequently errs regarding the value and the future potential of a company. No other way to explain the frequent and erratic oscillations of the share market.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe bull... might say you don’t understand ‘leverage’

Debt ‘segmentstion’ is not known (haven’t checked with Snoops) but I see Borrowings are higher than Finance Receivables ...I don’t know whether that is was or not

If borrowing is so good (your comment) why have the had to go cap in hand to shareholders a few times late,y
    bit like the share market leverage works well when the tides in your favour

At least it didn’t go below 243 today ...that’s a positive sign
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

i see at a quick glance imports at the ports for vehicles were lower in nov continuing lower from from sept / oct this yr. doesnt necessary mean lower sales just less inventory coming in.

percy

i see at a quick glance imports at the ports for vehicles were lower in nov continuing lower from from sept / oct this yr. doesnt necessary mean lower sales just less inventory coming in.
    Turners have stated they are sourcing more cars within NZ.
    Maybe that's why there are fewer imports.?