sharetrader
Page 41 of 840 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Hoop.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Companies that have nothing to hide are only more than happy to answer and return calls. Visa versa applies.

Although i bailed out of this stock some time ago (sp at just over $2.50 for a small loss) i had concerns then. I personally felt the same thing happened to me. When asked BK for a striaght answer in reference to him selling to Bridgecorp etc he basically said he was not prepared to discuss.

In fact i was a big fan of BK for a long time. I took himn as sincere, clever etc but i personally felt he changed and got super greedy when he became involved in 42 below. He saw other people expoliting investors and though f.. it ill do the same. This is oinly my opinion of couse.

Moving on a few years DPC is all but gone imo. Some of it will come out in the wash but only after most investors get scalped along the way.

I hope someone, (a shareholder) can ask the3 simple question of how much DPC have invested into Queenstown and how their investment is doing. Somehow i do not think anyone will be able to shed light on it this week. For the sake of the investoirs i hope i am completely wrong.

discl. some of this is my own personal views and information i have obtained through normal day to day discussions. Please do your own research as i am not a qualified advisor

Guru

Thank you Dsurf ...nice translation

Nita...I too was a BK fan, but went anti about the same time as you did. It seemed the whole market did as the share price starting falling from that time onwards. (September 2005, Bridgecorp/Hugh Green/BK shanangins and early December 2005 BK announced his falling on his sword {resignation})
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-04-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Thank you Dsurf ...nice translation

Nita...I too was a BK fan, but went anti about the same time as you did. It seemed the whole market did as the share price starting falling from that time onwards. (September 2005, Bridgecorp/Hugh Green/BK shanangins and early December 2005 BK announced his falling on his sword {resignation})
    I went off BK in the early '90s with the demise of General Properties. His actions at that time showed that he is able to perform in times of boom, but appears to be somewhat impotent when the music stops playing...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

London, off course, Queenstown when on holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I went off BK in the early '90s with the demise of General Properties. His actions at that time showed that he is able to perform in times of boom, but appears to be somewhat impotent when the music stops playing...
    General properties, BK how does that work?
    By the way BK resigned the day he did the deal with Bridgecorp the only problem was the DPC board did not accept the resignation till 6 months later.

Queenstown? Anyone ask the question? The reason i havent is they are unlikely to give information to someone such as myself who doesnt hold the stock

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Queenstown? Anyone ask the question? The reason i havent is they are unlikely to give information to someone such as myself who doesnt hold the stock
    Nita, You might want to ask that question before you buy DPC shares, they should give you that answer regardless of whether you own the stock or not?

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    Nita, You might want to ask that question before you buy DPC shares, they should give you that answer regardless of whether you own the stock or not?
    In a normal sense you are quite correct. However, my feeling is that this is not a normal situation.

Nita
    DPC only have a small mature exposure in Q,town. They are not into any new developments or dicky positions with what they hold. I cannot remember exactly the name of the holding they have but it is residual.
    I do know they have an interest in some development land. But are sitting on that. Land is not dropping in price around the area, quite the reverse.
    The developers that are in the sh*t here are those who are in the process of building and are trying to sell some bloody awful dog boxes and ideas that are 20 years ahead of the times.
    Cheers BB
    Dis hold DPC

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    In a normal sense you are quite correct. However, my feeling is that this is not a normal situation.
    Nita, A piece of advice, when dealing in the stockmarket, dont feel, THINK!

You cant become emotional about stocks, and DPC's problems are cyclical, they were allways going to happen, in fact BK told the board in 2005 that the tough times were coming and that they should prepare. Quite normal really. I am sure if you google BK you can find plenty of articles of BK predicting gloom in the finance sector.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    Nita, A piece of advice, when dealing in the stockmarket, dont feel, THINK!

You cant become emotional about stocks, and DPC's problems are cyclical, they were allways going to happen, in fact BK told the board in 2005 that the tough times were coming and that they should prepare. Quite normal really. I am sure if you google BK you can find plenty of articles of BK predicting gloom in the finance sector.
    Let me rephrase that for you. I THINK and i base my decisions on what i know best. If in doubt i stay out. Yes i may miss out on a bargain and DPC may be one of them.

I come from a background of having to take emotions out of the equation so you do not need to worry about me in that regard. Unfortuntately the english language can mean that you say one thing but actually mean something else.

DPC needs a dramtic rethink IMO. Although reverse mortages will prove popular in the future they are a long term plan. What DPC is having problems is short term.

BB. Interesting comment thanks. As a queentowner you will have your finger on the pulse much more than i ever will with regards to property in that region. If you are correct then my view is overly drastic. However, if DPC intend to sit on property then this will not solve their short term cash flow problem. In fact it will only contribute to their demise.

I give DPC 3 months