sharetrader
Page 422 of 840 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 8393

Drop to 225 only on 2000 shares

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dum de doo. Dum de day. Each day a step closer to my stop loss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Dum de doo. Dum de day. Each day a step closer to my stop loss.
    You like your stop losses mm, never used one except the sell button.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You like your stop losses mm, never used one except the sell button.
    I'm trying to take the emotion out of this share owning malarky.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    See what you have done now Rupert - got many justifying their position

Shot off an email to my mates at the LSE for them to have a look at this good raw material for their studies - quick response was that a few must be going through a regret (at holding) stage and by justifying their position as to why they are seeking some comfort (even if it reassuring each other it’s all fine)

I’ve still got my small holding ...the punt that there would be profit upgrade and the share price would rocket up from 260 odd to 324 (I think it was) didn’t work....still hoping one day soon Baker and his Singapore mate would have found a buyer and give me $2.70 ....aren’t I stupid in hoping for that but at least I have a reason for still holding.
    Oh dear but pleased to have provoked such interesting discussion

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    What a bugger.!!!!.
    I blame RupertBear...lol.
    Twasnt mee! I blame BP great post
    Last edited by RupertBear; 22-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Waiting for a new uptrend to be confirmed through the use of TA such as the 100 day MA line break is a simple risk management tool which would have seen people get out at $3.00 and stay out.
    You think most investors would have been happy with that decision with the benefit of hindsight ?
    My largest TRA 'purchase' was after that, when the TRAHB bonds matured and I elected to have those converted to shares. This was at the conversion price of $2.85 IIRC. This was in effect a 'cash issue event' for TRA. Statistically buying in at 'cash issue time' is usually good timing. My last purchase on market was just before the last dividend. Statistically, once again, this is generally a good strategy because I would have expected the share price to slowly recover the amount of the dividend paid.

In both instances there was no share price recovery. But 'playing the odds', which is what I try to do, doesn't always come out in your favour. When that happens you have to take it on the chin. I don't regret either purchase, except with the benefit of hindsight, which no purchaser can have when they buy their shares.

Some people are retired and have a focus mainly on income and have more capital than they need so whatever approach works fine for them is their business, but I would think the vast majority on here care quite a lot about movements in the share price. Worth noting that the shares have been in a pretty steady downtrend from just on $3.90 in May 2017 to the current price and it keeps making new multi year lows. You think there might be reason for this? Like others I see no point in getting dividends if your capital gets seriously eroded in the process.
    I have held TRA for a few years, but a significant stake for only a few months. Despite the share price decline over the last six months. I was never going to be 'shaken out' within a few months. My purchasing of TRA shares is not finished yet either. If 'averaging across' at the current price makes sense, then I will do it. Contrary to what you think I do care about what price I sell my TRA shares at. But I don't have to sell any so I won't. And as the business cycle works its way through, I expect any on paper capital loss to disappear anyway.

At the risk of being dogmatic, this will be a good yield investment for most people when a new uptrend is confirmed. To buy before that is risky and the risk of further capital erosion should be obvious to anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of charts and TA.
    A trend will continue until it reverses. There is no guarantee a new uptrend will not reverse again. I prefer to buy at bargain prices according to my best judgement, even if I have to rewrite my bargain price level later. I don't believe any of my purchases have been risky given what has happened since I bought. Remember, unlike HGH, there has been no profit projection downgrade at TRA. It is only some analysts who have said profits will shrink and I am not sure they are right. From Turners themselves, the only statement has been that if certain market conditions occur, then lower profits can be expected.

If all people care about is the dividend then yes absolutely no argument that you are right that the lower the price the greater the yield, (assuming the business is not going so badly that future dividends may be lower which may be what the share price is suggesting).

Something is not right here and I am a little surprised a dog with your nose can't pick up the scent of trouble ahead.
    You mean like after I bought into HGH and the share price sunk down to $1.31 and various posters predicted a cash issue and/or a cut to the dividend? I wasn't one of those that smelt that happening and it didn't!

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 24-02-2019 at 05:19 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I didn't predict a cash issue for HGH or a dividend cut either but did manage to get a few at $1.31 and quite a lot at $1.33
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-02-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

O
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    My capital loss on TRA is unrealised.
    What has been the goal of my investing.?
    My goal was to build my capital to the point where when I retired ,I had the capital to provide me with a good income.
    My capital is over twice what i aimed for,[and I have paid off both daughters' mortgages].
    My dividends far exeed what my income was before I retired.
    Goals achieved.I remain "well positioned"with a large diversified portfolio,which includes income shares,Australian shares,and still has some fun stocks.In fact my largest holding is a fun stock .
    I now have a very modest number of divee shares, MEL, GNE, SPK, CEN but to get anywhere near a decent income from them I would need to have a s**t load more than I have and that would stress the Bear out!

Oh and well done on what you have achieved Percy, you have my respect
    Last edited by RupertBear; 22-02-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Snoopy

. It is only some analysts who have said profits will shrink and I am not sure they are right. From Turners themselves, the only statement has been that if certain market conditions occur, then lower profits can be expected.
    Snoops, you may be right that technically Turners haven’t downgraded F19 earnings guidance ....just indicated that they might be lower.

Wonder what disclosure guidelines say about such vagueness?

So statistically there’s still a high chance of them delivering $34m-$36m npbt .....yes?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”