sharetrader
Page 431 of 840 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Retailers such as Briscoes and HLG have adapted to online.{including overses competition].
    Big part of their business.
    So is the case with Turners.
    HGH,and other finaniers also offer car/appliances etc loans online.
    The big difference is TRA offer the "whole" package including a 7 day money back gurantee.They are the leaders in their field,and I think I read they were growing market share..
    If you're buying a $30 widget are you going to take the trouble to compare prices through channels other than your local HLG or Briscoes store ? Probably not.
    If you're going to buy a $30,000 motor vehicle are you going to cross shop every possible option through every possible channel, quite probably.
    For this reason I think HLG and Briscoes are far less vulnerable to dsintermediation.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If you're buying a $30 widget are you going to take the trouble to compare prices through channels other than your local HLG or Briscoes store ? Probably not.
    If you're going to buy a $30,000 motor vehicle are you going to cross shop every possible option through every possible channel, quite probably.
    For this reason I think HLG and Briscoes are far less vulnerable to dsintermediation.
    Not so.
    The leavers ball at Riccarton High last year.Every or nearly every girl brought their ball gown from USA.
    Turners sell cars mainly under under $20,000.
    I expect there would be few people buying a car who did not inspect it first.
    Turners have the most trusted brand,and their online sales offers a 7 day money back gurantee.
    It appears to me Turners are well ahead of the field, when it comes to footprint,both physical and online.
    This is why they are the largest sellers of second hand vehicles in NZ,and their growth strategy means their market share will grow.

At the risk of overstating the obvious a ball gown is not a $30 widget. Time will tell with this one.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    She's going lower.
    Jeez it it hits BlackPeter’s stop loss there will be carnage
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez it it hits BlackPeter’s stop loss there will be carnage
    Or our friend mm's one.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Or our friend mm's one.
    Both Mm and BP selling ......REAL CARNAGE

And the company can only buy a relatively small %age of them ....its up to you and Percy in the absence of insiders buying to save the day

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Possibly because Milford Asset Management do not own the shares but the following entities:

Milford Active Growth Wholesale Fund (3.606%), (Custodian - NNL Custodians),
    Milford NZ Equities Wholesale Fund (2.520%), (Custodian - NNL Custodians),
    Milford
    Income Wholesale Fund (1.339%), (Custodian - NNL Custodians), Milford
    Australian
    Absolute Growth Wholesale Fund (0.194%), (Custodian - NNL Custodians),
    Milford
    Australian Absolute Growth Fund (0.336%), (Custodian - NNL Custodians)
    Thanks for the above break down. Confirms Peat was right.

They may be listed in a variety of nominees. Although Milford the Fund manager do know that they need to aggregate these for reporting purposes.

I do not have a problem with this at all. I as a shareholder can see by announcements to the NZX that Milford is a SSH!. The Annual Report is 2 months out of date anyway so has little relevance to me the investor.
    If all other substantial shareholders have to be 'named' come annual report time, I don't see why Milford should be left out, I don't think that shareholders should have to look back over a year or more of press releases just to find out who the substantial shareholders are, I don't think shareholders reading the list of substantial shareholders in the annual report would expect it to be incomplete.

Last years annual report was released on 28th June. The table in the annual report listed shareholders on record as at 15th June. So the shareholder table was only twelve days old, not two months out of date as you suggested.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 27-02-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

chart.tra.jpg
    Picture says a 1000 words. That's just plain UGLY.

percy

Complain to NZX.
    Years ago SCY company secretary upset NZCSD by sending them one annual report.
    They asked for more.
    He said sorry you only have one entry.
    Name the others and I will send the correct number of reports.
    We can't do that.
    His reply was classic; "tough".

A year ago loyal dealers got 30,914 Turners shares as a reward for referring punters to Turners finance and insurance business. That was thevreward for the last half of 2017.

Wonder if this scheme still in operation .....and wonder if getting Turners shares achieves ‘a strong sense of ownership from the dealer channel and aligns our objectives.’

Hope these dealers don’t sell their hard earned shares.

PS - wonder where the shares came from ....Turners don’t appear to have issued any for this purpose ...must have had a few spare ones lying in the bottom drawer
    Last edited by winner69; 27-02-2019 at 11:30 AM.