sharetrader
Page 447 of 840 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 8398

Beagle (and probably others) sold out pretty quickly after the ‘downgrade’ came ....I’m still holding

Reminds of the old saying ‘What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    I have heard Grant was invited to a special Ferrari event in Italy, combined with a trip in EU & US, which clashed with the new AGM date. Probably a fair excuse for not attending if the date was changed on him.
    A Ferrari event is more important than an AGM?

Says everything!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A Ferrari event is more important than an AGM?

Says everything!
    I'd definitely go to the Ferrari event over any AGM, very unlikely to go to sleep at the former.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I have received anecdotal reports of an imported vehicle compliance outfit having a quiet February.

Cautiinn should be exercised. This lull could be just as easily explained by shipping schedules or stink bug disruption.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    After last winter's oversupply of second hand vehicles I would think most importers would have been winding down their imports since Christmas.
    I have also heard the market is slower.
    Last edited by percy; 04-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'd definitely go to the Ferrari event over any AGM, very unlikely to go to sleep at the former.
    Me too.
    Also we must remember the AGM was held a different week than previous years.

Not when you're the Chairman and asking for an exorbitant fee increase. Mate, when you were a young fella didn't your mother tell you work comes before play

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    After last winter's oversupply of second vehicle I would think most importers would be ordering less cars since Christmas.
    I have also heard the market is slower.
    Trade Me saying the vehicle market is slower since November is a bad sign. They would know what with having over 90% of vehicle listings on the NZ market.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

[QUOTE=

Trade Me saying the vehicle market is slower since November is a bad sign. They would know what with having over 90% of vehicle listings on the NZ market.[/QUOTE]

Just as well Turners added 250 new originators in the first 6 months.
    Wonder how many more they since added.

ps.I note our wonderful PM missed this year's Ratana do,to join other world leaders.
    Ferrari are certainly the motor worlds' world leader.
    Couta1.I think it is fantastic having a "Petrol Head" as Chairman.
    ps.Bet he would not be seen dead in a Holden..!!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 04-03-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Me too.
    Also we must remember the AGM was held a different week than previous years.
    Wow!

Such low expectations from your Chairman?

He was paid $110,000 last year in fees and the one time he was required to front to shareholders, he decided other things are more important!

Wow!

He was paid $110,000 last year in fees and the one time he was required to front to shareholders, he decided other things are more important!
    Exactly, and this at a time when there was a resolution to raise his Chairman's fees to $150,000 or was it $160,000, I forget. Maybe he was simply too much of a coward to front up to the snarling Beagle ? Whatever the reason I am so pleased I dumped most of mine at $3.20.

Percy, Mercedes-Benz are taking Formula 1 by the scruff of the neck not Ferrari.
    Personally I think whatever Jacinda does or doesn't do is of no relevance to the point we're discussing.
    The Holden thing you are trying to milk is getting very old. Says a lot about you in my opinion and how desperate you're becoming with this share.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Wow!

Which Couta1 and I tottally agree with.
    You forget the AGM meeting week was changed.
    With such a strong board who together own 26.97% of the company he knew he could leave the meeting to his very well qualified deputy.A board with a lot of depth.