sharetrader
Page 461 of 840 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - the sentence was not vague but pretty specific. I am sure as well, it is true. What we don't know is whether the condition in this sentence (if market conditions continue ...) has been confirmed.

Sad thing is - the company would know the trend by now (it is not rocket science to add up their sales at the end of each month). Unfortunately they didn't tell us. Just wondering - would this be withholding of material information? Somebody must know - are they selling or buying?
    One wonders why they haven't updated the market ? It is nearly 3.5 months since they made this statement on 27 November 2018
    "If October market conditions continue to be the environment we are working
    in, NPBT could be impacted by 5 - 10% from our previous guidance range of
    $34m to $36m."

I would have thought its not unreasonable at all for shareholders to have expected an update by now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Last year there was a shareholders newletter .It was contained in Turners' 4th April announcement.
    Perhaps they will do another this April.?

ps.Next full moon is in 10 days time on 21st March.
    Last edited by percy; 11-03-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Just a comparison from Taiwan. I know Percy......... Turners are neither in Taiwan or sell new cars but one mind wonders

https://www.just-auto.com/news/taiwa..._id187544.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    One wonders why they haven't updated the market ?

No need to ...npbt going to between $31m and $36m ....but then possibly anything is possible if certain things possibly happen or if certain things possibly don’t happen

When I was Turners the other day looking at their price tickets I thought this might be the case “NPBT $31m - was $36m” with the appropriate slashed marks etc etc
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Just a comparison from Taiwan. I know Percy......... Turners are neither in Taiwan or sell new cars but one mind wonders

https://www.just-auto.com/news/taiwa..._id187544.aspx
    Wrong thread,.
    If you must post about new cars sales, post it on CMO thread.
    It has nothing to do with Turners,who are NZ's largest seller of USED cars..
    It is "Fake" news.
    Last edited by percy; 11-03-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Wrong thread,.
    It is "Fake" news.
    Disagree as people purchasing a new car then dispose of old car through Turners NZ largest Used car dealer

But if people don't purchase a new car why would they sell their old car which in turn means Turners don't clip the ticket so new/old related imo

Last year there was a shareholders newletter .It was contained in Turners' 4th April announcement.
    Perhaps they will do another this April.?

ps.Next full moon is in 10 days time on 21st March.
    Better buy back in before then so I can start the howling then
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

You must be a mind reader.
    My thoughts exactly....................lol.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Disagree as people purchasing a new car then dispose of old car through Turners NZ largest Used car dealer

But if people don't purchase a new car why would they sell their old car which in turn means Turners don't clip the ticket so new/old related imo
    Read your other post.The article did state;
    "People put off buying a new car and buy a second hand car."
    Turners investors will see the full article a lot different than CMO investors,so it pays to post on the right thread..
    "Fake" news is a wast of space for Turners thread.
    Last edited by percy; 11-03-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Wrong thread,.
    It is "Fake" news.
    mmh - not so sure ....

Obviously one can (rightly or wrongly) question the relevance of the information about the Taiwanese and Australian new car market for this thread.

I don't know what the ultimate answer to that would be, but I suspect that above information is at least of interest for the second hand car market - unless our local market is absolutely separated from the rest of the world (don't think it is).

There are clear connections between new car market and used car market (even if the connection is complex):

If young people decide that they don't want to own a car anymore, than this impacts on new as well as on used car market.
    If the costs of owning a car go up, than this impacts on both markets;
    If people are concerned about the economy (and their jobs) than they might delay the decision to buy the next ride (no matter whether this is new or used)
    If people don't buy new cars anymore, than maybe they sell on less used cars ;
    If new car dealers offer desperate discounts to flog off their products, than maybe less people buy used cars ...
    If manufacturers sell now less new cars, used car dealers will have later on less used cars to onsell ...

But I leave it to others to discover the ultimate formula connecting used and new car markets ;

Just being a bit concerned about the use of the word "fake news". I know, it is fashionable (for all the wrong reasons), but it is in my view here neither correct nor appropriate.

If the provided information is correct (that's what I assume), but not deemed relevant, than it is not fake news, just (potentially) irrelevant for this thread.

If the provided information is wrong, than we would need to investigate whether the author intentionally published wrong data. If the author made just a mistake, than it would be just that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news

Fake news or junk news or pseudo-news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.
    I propose to leave any other use of the word "fake news" to the President Of The United States.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 11-03-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)