sharetrader
Page 485 of 840 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 8398

probably in a meeting to decide what mth they will do the downgrade and div slashing
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What do you expect from a self centred delusional Board and Management Team?

Mind you they seduced a few punters last year ..,sucked them in good and proper

OMG ...my be nice to everybody day has just ended
    You taking about the national roadshow where they preached relentless positivity all the time knowing they had just experienced a really slow Q1 that they outright flat refused to disclose despite a certain dog asking them straight out how Q1 had gone ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

That's what they said in last years inaugural March 2018 newsletter (published 4/4/18):

+TRA.PNG

They do realise that it is important to keep shareholders up to date. I am sure the update must come now any day (any hour?) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Surely...as we know Todd also keeps an eye on this forum.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Turners announcement 8th October 2018.
    Expected dividends.
    4 cents January.
    4 cents April.
    5 cents July.

NB.Divies are paid at the end of the month.
    The January 4 cents dividend has been paid.Went into my bank account on 30th January.
    I expect "anytime" Turners will announce the details of the April dividend.
    I also expect that Turners will announce their full year result in late May.
    Last edited by percy; 04-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    That's what they said in last years inaugural March 2018 newsletter (published 4/4/18):

+TRA.PNG

They do realise that it is important to keep shareholders up to date. I am sure the update must come now any day (any hour?) ...
    Something simply does not add up with the lack of update from TRA imo.

(i) Share price has fallen 17% since the share buyback was announced.

(ii) Fall could conceivably be more if the share buyback was not in place.

(iii) Why has TRA only bought 60% of the share buyback if it is so undervalued (by the directors' reckoning).

(iv) One of the directors actually decided to sell a few of the 'undervalued' shares into the share buyback! Joining Milford who decided to take advantage of the share buyback to unburden themselves of a few of said 'undervalued' shares!

(v) No dividend announcement post 31 March vs previous years.

Old timer cautioned me years ago to be wary of companies who are quick to announce 'good' news but tardy when there is bad news!
    Last edited by Balance; 04-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Hmm Add to that For Bar introducing them as an Emerging Company when they have been around for years. Seems like a bit of dressing up. Was mentioned at the time. Ducks are lining up for an ugly result.

Stop loss now in place and ready to be triggered

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Hmm Add to that For Bar introducing them as an Emerging Company when they have been around for years. Seems like a bit of dressing up. Was mentioned at the time. Ducks are lining up for an ugly result.

Stop loss now in place and ready to be triggered
    Glad did not get into this one but been obviously keeping an eye on this stock after making a few $$$ off the Baker Boys efforts in 42 Below and Trilogy.

One thing I must admit I was wary of is this business of 'clipping' the ticket many times - the finance and insurance industries have had a habit of blowing the gasket from time to time, especially when the 'growth' machine stalls. Bad debts have a nasty habit of emerging when hard times strike.

And the car industry is certainly going backwards after enjoying good growth over the last 5 years - let's see how TRA handles the reverse cycle, especially with the acquisitions they have made in recent years.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-04-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Import rules for cars and shipping containers could be tightened even further as the Ministry for Primary Industries

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...-stink-bug-out
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Import rules for cars and shipping containers could be tightened even further as the Ministry for Primary Industries

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...-stink-bug-out
    Another big hurdle for small independant importers.
    Most probably work to Turners advantage.