sharetrader
Page 50 of 840 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

VIK & BK were excluded from the sale process. So BK got an investment advisor working for IRG which is owned by VIK to buy it. VIK then bought it off the advisor.

The circus continues!!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post
    VIK & BK were excluded from the sale process. So BK got an investment advisor working for IRG which is owned by VIK to buy it. VIK then bought it off the advisor.

The circus continues!!!!
    And King can't resist another opportunity to use this announcement to further slam DPC in public! These sorts of tactics don't sit well with me, and hardly engender respect for the man.
    DPC should consider taking out an injunction against him, if they want to defend their name.

DISC: I have no financial interest in DPC or VIK (perish the thought!)

Cool

Beautiful,
    Dorchester tells its shareholders last year

"Dorchester's investment services businesses, including Equity, Money Online
    and NZ Investor, are well positioned to take advantage of the growth in this
    market sector. The result for the year was impacted by last year's sale of
    Direct Broking and a downturn in brokerage from finance company debentures.
    We are expanding the services offered to remove the business' reliance on
    brokerage revenue to create more sustainable income based on value added
    services and advisory fees", said Mr Walker.

Well positioned to take advantage of the growth in this market segment and we are expanding the services.

Then they announce a sale process that takes nine months and as the financial services sector declines so does the sale price.

They book a loss on the sale.

Then they sell it to a party associated with IRG a subsidiary of VIK.

Who then sells it to VIK at a profit and for a price VIK would have been prepared to pay DPC.

Unfortunately ego's have overriden rationale decision making.

BK must be enjoying having a cold beer over this.

LEW

Quote Originally Posted by dsurf View Post

The circus continues!!!!
    Dsurf, that is an outrageous claim. No where did it say it was an IRG adviser,
    He was an EX Spicers adviser operating on his own. He might be a wealthier adviser today, but its a brave man who stands between the DPC board and BK, i don't envy him one bit.

It is a shame that BK has again slagged off DPC, but as a DPC shareholder it is his democratic right to do so, in fact as a large shareholder it is just about an obligation, and he rightly pointed out once again, the DPC shareholder losses out because of DPC negligence.

As a DPC shareholder i cannot understand how DPC can exclude Viking from the buying process. After all it already owns an Investment advisory firm, and clearly had cash to buy it. Under what basis was this decision made? I for one will be at the next AGM to ask BG that question. That adviser effectively stole my money, legaly, with the assistance of DPC, and that is outrageous!!!!

Further tongue thrashing by BK. Either this is very personal and/or T/O target. Whatever it is, it is bloody disgraceful and destroying SH's value. As a shareholder, I am pissed off.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

London, off course, Queenstown when on holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Further tongue thrashing by BK. Either this is very personal and/or T/O target. Whatever it is, it is bloody disgraceful and destroying SH's value. As a shareholder, I am pissed off.
    Dr Who shareholder value is not being eroded by BK tongue lashings it being destroyed by enept DPC management & the board. If they were doing a great job, he wouldnt be commenting. All share prices eventually follow what the company does, not what people say the company is going to do.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    Dr Who shareholder value is not being eroded by BK tongue lashings it being destroyed by enept DPC management & the board. If they were doing a great job, he wouldnt be commenting. All share prices eventually follow what the company does, not what people say the company is going to do.:mad:
    Perhaps BK should have been spending more time focussing on VIKs other investments?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

I am still scratching my head as to why Brynes has been buying so many shares lately?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I am still scratching my head as to why Brynes has been buying so many shares lately?
    maybe to prevent a take over? He must have by now close to 10% of the business?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    maybe to prevent a take over? He must have by now close to 10% of the business?
    nope.. HG and STL both hold just less then 20% shareholding each, so dont need Brynes to do that. I dont know, but I smell a rat. Too many smoke bombs, cant see further than 1 foot.