sharetrader
Page 503 of 840 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am sure in the not to distant future, when TRA's share price is well over $4.00, we will look back at your post, and laugh at who was infact delusional,and missed the window of opportunity to buy a meaningful holding at a great price.
    Bring it on....lol
    LOL - You have to wonder who is delusional talking like that. I mean come on Percy, you've ramped this thing almost endlessly on here but the objective analysts simply don't back up or come anything like backing up your very regular talk of real growth. https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...44/financials/
    A rather "inconvenient" forecast is that FY19 and FY20 eps is lower than FY18 and it isn't until FY21 that eps gets back to FY18's level of 28.9 cps. OUCH !!
    I think the chances of the share price heading well over $4.00 in the not too distant future, (depending upon exactly how you define that term) is incredibly slim. My target is $2.70 in 12 months which I note is well below the average broker view of $2.98 but I am comfortable taking my own less optimistic view.
    Disc: Holding for yield and no delusions of grandeur about high growth are held by this dog.
    They need to get eps above 30 cps on a sustainable basis to crack $3.00 in my opinion. Maybe this happens in FY22 or FY23...not sure if you call this the not too distant future or not
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Buying for yield. I feel that they are out of favour and underpriced and I am underwater on them.But shares get like that .

Assuming they can pay 17 cps sustainably going forward at $2.40 the gross yield inclusive of full imputation credits is (17 / 240) / 0.72 = 9.84%.
    They make a case for themselves for holding for yield, (which is why I bought back in), and maybe one day at some stage in the future (best not to hold your breath in my opinion), we will see some sustainable eps growth. You can definitely put me in the sceptics camp of I will believe that when I see it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL - You have to wonder who is delusional talking like that. I mean come on Percy, you've ramped this thing almost endlessly on here but the objective analysts simply don't back up or come anything like backing up your very regular talk of real growth. https://www.marketscreener.com/TURNE...44/financials/
    A rather "inconvenient" forecast is that FY19 and FY20 eps is lower than FY18 and it isn't until FY21 that eps gets back to FY18's level of 28.9 cps. OUCH !!
    I think the chances of the share price heading well over $4.00 in the not too distant future, (depending upon exactly how you define that term) is incredibly slim. My target is $2.70 in 12 months which I note is well below the average broker view of $2.98 but I am comfortable taking my own less optimistic view.
    Disc: Holding for yield and no delusions of grandeur about high growth are held by this dog.
    They need to get eps above 30 cps on a sustainable basis to crack $3.00 in my opinion. Maybe this happens in FY22 or FY23...not sure if you call this the not too distant future or not
    Get down to Archers Road and get a look at the future.
    Guaranteed..
    ps.I am a bit long sighted.I tend to buy companies with the view of never selling.More a 5 to 10 year time frame.It seems to work just fine.

Get down to Archers Road and get a look at the future.
    Guaranteed..
    ps.I am a bit long sighted.I tend to buy companies with the view of never selling.More a 5 to 10 year time frame.It seems to work just fine.
    Too busy this week...might have a look next time I am headed over that way.
    I would be happy to concede there is a possibility you might get your $4.00 within 5-10 years

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    I'm completely unimpressed, with the Wellington car yard on the basin reserve. The site is scruffy and half of it is still in gravel.
    The cars are imports and ex lease. Turners makes no effort at all to refurbish the ex lease cars (apart from vacuuming) they are covered in stone chips, scuffs and pin dents. Walk over the road to Honda or Toyota and get a signature class (as new) Toyota for only a liitle bit more. Turners also imports some really odd cars, problematic Europeans and boy racer WRXs. (3 in Wgtn) I see they still have repos in the auctions so I hope they are not from in house finance deals. They had a $120,000 Mercedes coupe repo this week in Wellington
    C’mon Alex .... the sites only there until the NZTA decide to do something with the Basin flyover or whatever.

The corner has been an eyesore for yonks ..so what’s new. The NZTA were probably quite happy to find somebody to keep it a bit tidy and make it look like something other than a rubbish dump.

Hope the rent is cheap as

Shareholders should be pleased Turners have left a lot in gravel ...expensive to lay down seal for what might be short time ..not that much money in selling used cars.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

The sale of lease vehicles is a very steady earner for Turners,who sell on behalf of the lease companies.
    The lease companies dictate the terms,and it is their choice that they are sold,basically as leased.
    ex lease cars are often a good buy as part of the lease aggreement is the vehicle must be regularly serviced by an approved agent.I remember a rep had to get the lease company's approval to buy a replacement tyre.
    Yes Turners sell a lot of imports,as do most used vehicle sales companies.
    I can not comment on the Wellington site,other than it looked good in the photos and is trading above expectations. I also seem to recall it is more of a temporary site,and when it is redevoped, Turners will move their container buildings,and vehicles to another site.
    Hey W69.
    You,BP and Beagle are not the only ones who can dig up old bones...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Disappointing to get that feedback from Alex.
    It doesn't take much time at all to go over stone chips and the like with some touch up paint...Mrs Beagle seems to attract small nicks, dents, scratches and such like a magnet to her car. Half and hour with some touch up paint can make a world of difference to a car's appearance and it comes in a small bottle with its own touch brush for about $20 at Repco. The mind boggles as to what exactly these salesmen do at a Turners car yard on a quiet day ? I think half the problem is they think its beneath them and someone's else's job to clean and refurbish cars. I've seen the Buy right cars branch at New Lynn with no customers on the whole yard. Why aren't the staff going around cleaning cars and touching up the paintwork ?, (being seen to be busy on the yard is a much better look than a yard completely bereft of human's)

Todd needs to tell his team to "brush up" (excuse the pun), on their skills and that their job includes all and every aspect of presenting the cars in the best possible way as well as selling them.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2019 at 04:33 PM.

percy

Turners sell on behalf of the lease companies.
    Mrs Beagle will need to talk to the lease companies.

Turners sell on behalf of the lease companies.
    Mrs Beagle will need to talk to the lease companies.
    Mrs Beagle owns her current model Honda...not sure why she would need to talk to lease companies ?