sharetrader
Page 505 of 840 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 8398

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I hop no-one's taking this thread seriously!

Yes, we could have take heed of what BP says - “there might be less experienced readers who might panic and sell their shares when they come across nonsense like this.”

...or worse still the less experienced might buy when they read some of what’s on here...like talk of $4 plus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes, we could have take heed of what BP says - “there might be less experienced readers who might panic and sell their shares when they come across nonsense like this.”

...or worse still the less experienced might buy when they read some of what’s on here...like talk of $4 plus
    Hopefully they will do their own research.
    Funny enough, the more research I do the better the results I get.
    It really works.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hopefully they will do their own research.
    Funny enough, the more research I do the better the results I get.
    It really works.
    Confirmation Bias always works.

Lights still not fixed at Basin Reserve site ...not a good look ...sign of company culture not being what it should be
    Last edited by winner69; 28-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.

percy

Lights still not fixed at Basin Reserve site ...not a good look ...sign of company culture not being what it should be
    Good community citizen,saving power.

ps.Maybe as a shareholder you could give them a ring and tell them.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2019 at 07:24 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Confirmation Bias always works.
    Correct..................
    Just do your research,then back yourself .l
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good community citizen,saving power.

ps.Maybe as a shareholder you could give them a ring and tell them.

The good old struggling retailer trick eh percy ....turn half the lights off to cut down on expenses ...and then wonder why you never have any customers

percy

The good old struggling retailer trick eh percy ....turn half the lights off to cut down on expenses ...and then wonder why you never have any customers
    I think you have fallen for the old "turn off half the lights trick".
    It has certainly got your attention.!!!
    It really works...lol.

Membaa

Speaking of no customers, or only a few, I literally stumbled across Turners yard in Porirua today. Man that's tucked away in the boondocks behind (and hidden from) Bunnings and just before Placemakers (which is dead in the weekend, being tradies focused). The 5 or so cars outside and the 10 or so people wandering around at 2pm seemed pitiful compared with Turners in Seaview which just rocks on any given Sunday.

Impressive sized yard though, with the nice well appointed building plonked in the middle, plenty of signage that no one would see unless they go there. Half the yard are on sale and the other half looked like a staging area for other imports, ex-lease, trade-ins etc not yet processed. The auction area was all but empty, must mean they all got sold. I reckon about 150-200 cars on sale. All the talk here of crap motors is just talk imo. There's a few end of life for sure but most looked to be decent runners, modest mileage, remarkably tidy, and quite a few later model (say 2013+).

Decent prices too, I was impressed. Didn't like the finance rate at 12.xx%, but at least their disclosure is fully open and displayed on every car in the window, including how much the car will cost in total at the finance rate over a 4 year term. No surprises, I was impressed, but I reckon a fair few punters could borrow a lot more cheaply without taking the Turners rate, however if they get that rate then obviously good for shareholders.

None of this was as impressive though as the super cheerful sweet young lady who politely and respectfully approached me after about 20 minutes wandering around, asked if I could use some help and when I said thanks but no I'm just scouting the place as a potential investor because the SP is beaten to death and some say it pays a decent dividend, she said, "enjoy your look around and the lovely weather, here's my card, let me know when you want to buy a car next time". What a darling.

On a super sunny warm day, somehow the truth of seeing another established Turners sales yard going about it's business, and that nice sales lady endeared me more to TRA than any of the Laurel and Hardy nonsense here, albeit an amusing sideline.

percy

BaaBaa,Send W69 a PM.He may sell you his shares .Off market trade,save a few dollars..
    Sorry but none of mine are for sale.
    ps.Thanks for your post.
    I find it rather refreshing that you checked Turners out for yourself,rather than taking any notice of the Laurel and Hardy nonsense here.
    I do the same myself,as it really pays off.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2019 at 08:50 PM.