sharetrader
Page 510 of 840 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 8398
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I have had a look in the latest Annual report and Interim report and the word "Sponsorship" is not mentioned once. That is a worry. Is the money coming out of some slush fund
    If it is anything like an old car wrecker i knew.If he could not recoupe the cost of the vehicle he brought, from what he sold out of its boot, he was an unhappy chappie.

Out of adverising budget.Hardly expext Liam received the whole $4,001,000 but I could be wrong..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

Out of adverising budget.Hardly expext Liam received the whole $4,001,000 but I could be wrong..lol.
    Advertising eh. I dont see races being televised on CRC Motorsport ( https://motornews.co.nz/tv-schedule/ ) or Sky motorsport (https://www.sky.co.nz/motorsport). So just where do we get to see this "advertising"?

percy

Advertising eh. I dont see races being televised on CRC Motorsport ( https://motornews.co.nz/tv-schedule/ ) or Sky motorsport (https://www.sky.co.nz/motorsport). So just where do we get to see this "advertising"?
    Most probably at the Toyota Series motor races.

Many ‘sponsorships’ are at the whim and fancy of the head honcho. Generally getting the company to ‘sponsoring’ something they are personally interested in and they hope that in return they get some privileges (tickets, corporate boxes or maybe a spin with Liam around Nurbergring)

Often loosely ‘justified’ by some connection ....jeez cars are cars so it must be good value ..whoops forgot Turners is a finance company

As long as Baker (assuming he is really the ‘sponsor’) is happy it’s all honky dory. One of the perks of the job.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

At least it looks like it’s only a share of the $4m

“Lawson's European campaign is proudly supported by the Porter Group, Turners, and Giltrap Group.”

Turners sponsoring Scott Dixon did wonders for them

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least it looks like it’s only a share of the $4m

“Lawson's European campaign is proudly supported by the Porter Group, Turners, and Giltrap Group.”
    All three have a long association with NZ motorsport.
    Colin Giltrap's support of NZ drivers here and overseas has been absolutely incredible.Goes back as far as I can remember,however all drivers have regreted being in the passengers seat, when Colin has been driving a Bentley at full flight to circuits in the UK.
    Last edited by percy; 07-05-2019 at 02:40 PM.

percy

Turners sponsoring Scott Dixon did wonders for them
    And stll benefitting from it.

Could well do: 13-14 September, FEM Nurburgring, Germany 27-28 September, FIA F3 Sochi, Russia. Hopefully the Chair will have teleconferencing sorted by then.
    With races throughout the year the Chairman might find it had to even maintain his not that good attendance record at Board Meetings
    Last edited by winner69; 08-05-2019 at 08:35 AM.

With races throughout the year the Chairman might find it had to even maintain his not that good attendance record at Board Meetings
    Its probably in shareholder interests that he be there on the spot to make sure shareholder funds are being put to best use.

I'll be looking forward to his slide in the presentation that analyses the ROI on sponsorship spend.