sharetrader
Page 52 of 840 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The shareprice showed a distinct lack of interest...
    The market knows VIK still have 1.3m shares to sell. Once that goes, DPC will bounce.

Interesting to find over 1m shares on leverage equities account. Now why would anyone wants to leverage this very risky stock with potential margin calls? Something is cooking in the background.

It strikes me as sad that BK continues to talk crap about DPC while still selling down its holdings. Either he has a brilliant strategy to T/O DPC or he has lost the plot.

disc: DPC holder
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 22-05-2008 at 08:21 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    The market knows VIK still have 1.3m shares to sell. Once that goes, DPC will bounce.
    Why doesn't VIK just sell their remaining DPC shares and get on with life?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Why doesn't VIK just sell their remaining DPC shares and get on with life?
    Dont know, maybe DPC is his life and he cant let go.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

actually, they brought BK yesterday on National Radio. He commented on the recent changes at DPC. To me he sounded rather positive. Maybe he changed his mind and doesn't wants to talk the only remaining assets down VIK still holds (well, give or take Equity)?

London, off course, Queenstown when on holidays

I have been watching DPC/Viking closely for some time, and my impression is that VIK stopped selling quite some time ago. The Byrnes appointment is logical, the other guy has no finance company experience, DPC is no investment bank which is a totally different animal. In fact the only real job that can find that he has had is running a restuarant on Aucklands waterfront. I also note that the majority of Vik assets are in the unlisted IRG/Equity which combined could make a great investment. One being a research based investment house the other a retail investment shop with little research. Sounds like a logical strategy to me. BK at least seems to have a strategy in a sector he knows well, on the otherhand DPC has no strateg, but hopefully Byrnes will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    I have been watching DPC/Viking closely for some time, and my impression is that VIK stopped selling quite some time ago. The Byrnes appointment is logical, the other guy has no finance company experience, DPC is no investment bank which is a totally different animal. In fact the only real job that can find that he has had is running a restuarant on Aucklands waterfront. I also note that the majority of Vik assets are in the unlisted IRG/Equity which combined could make a great investment. One being a research based investment house the other a retail investment shop with little research. Sounds like a logical strategy to me. BK at least seems to have a strategy in a sector he knows well, on the otherhand DPC has no strateg, but hopefully Byrnes will change that.
    Mr Bond - you obviously hold a lot of VIK assets and either work for VIK or have a large holding as I can see no other way that you can say so gleefully that "the majority of Vik assets are in the unlisted IRG/Equity which combined could make a great investment." We all know the reason why the majority of assets are there - all the other assets ie DPC / BIO have lost a huge amount of value. The other assets, FTB were taken over. I am unable to trust anything that comes from VIK because the mantra of DYOR is impossible since they do not release NTA etc in a timely or relevent manner, preferring to hide behind the wild west governance offered by the AX market. Be careful because you need inside knowledge or enough funds to move the pitiful liquidity offered in order to prosper in that shark infested pool.

Could DPC be about the rebound?????? up to 50 / 60c

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    You are just full of it. I suggest you go and look at the latest top 40 shareholders list. It has VIK still selling down. In fact VIK recently 130k in DPC.

Are you a VIK shareholder and talking your own book? VIK's only strategy is to invest in companies that go under and/or talk down a company sp and sell at a lost. I would hate to be a VIK shareholder.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 23-05-2008 at 08:16 AM.

London, off course, Queenstown when on holidays

DSurf, its easy to work out what the approx cost values of the unlisted assets. Any one who owns a calculator and reads the Newspaper can add the purcase price of IRG 2.5 million & The Equity Purchase price 1.5 million to know the that adds 4 Million. From Memory VIK then sold part of IRG to the NSX for 1 mill, leaving a cost of approximately 3 miilion. Common knowledge not inside info, all stated in the NBR/NZ Herald. By the way i judge shares by what the company are doing, not what the company says they are doing. We all have to ignore the rants of people like BK, and judge them by thier actions. In BK's case the ICP-BIO issue cannot and will not be forgotten,, He will have to put significant runs on the board until anyone in the marketplace will trust him, if ever. What will be of interest is what approach BK takes from here. Hopefully he will stick to finance realted companies, something he knows very well, and arguably one of the best operators around. DPC performed very well for well over a decade under his guidance, so he does have some skills.
    For the record, I own both VIK and DPC shares and would buy more VIk at sub 10 cents based upon simple maths and an understanding of the finance industry. I recently bought more DPC but will wait to see Paul Byrnes strategy before committing more capital. Both have excellent potential in the stressed enviroment, where winners will win and losers will die.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    I know - the cleaner!
    You know Bud Fox??

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Hmm ... We know there are write-offs coming ... who'd be buying before the ann result in the next few days? The brave? The foolish? The tea lady? I know - the cleaner!
    The fact that they announced on 1st May that the 31 March 2008 result will be hit by increased provisioning suggests that either the Auditors made them do it or they are behind the 8-ball with respect to their internal reporting structures...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.