sharetrader
Page 55 of 840 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    I have been kept quite about dpc of late...anyway... when does the next announcement of bad news arrive or will shareholders have to wait until the agm?
    I doubt if they're worth wasting time on. Quite apart from their own particular issues the finance sector in general is not the area to be in these days (with just the odd exception, e.g. PGC.)
    Energy, farm production, healthcare and selective exporters are the areas to concentrate on.
    I remember a piece of sage advice I absorbed a few years ago - "concentration on asset class allocation, rather than individual stock selection, will generally provide better portfolio returns in the long run." I believe that still holds true.

Like DFH, DPC also gave an 'ALL CLEAR' a couple of weeks ago with their Continuous Disclosure Statement.

I wonder if there is going to be another 'SHOCK' announcement soon...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Like DFH, DPC also gave an 'ALL CLEAR' a couple of weeks ago with their Continuous Disclosure Statement.

I wonder if there is going to be another 'SHOCK' announcement soon...
    Steve, do you have any reason to assume DPC might be in a similar situation?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nothing other than the fact that DPC gave the same assurances as DFH did only a couple of weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I mentioned a couple of months ago that dpc is in trouble and may get into serious trouble. The first comment of getting into trouble is no surrpise as almost all finance companies are facing the wind at this present moment. Whether they weather the storm is another matter.

There Queenstown portfolio must be taking a beating and cash deposits must have all but dried up. Does anyone know of any person who has investment more than $1 into dpc current accounts, reverserse mortages, insurances this year? IMO, cash flow will become a problem. The good news is there will likely be a white knight come along and save the company but not nseesarily the investors.

disc. the above are stricktly my opinion based on my assumptions and also based on reliable source a a couple of months ago. period

Is DB still using this crowd for their on call accounts?

All good. Per DB site: "Direct Broking Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ANZ National Bank Limited and is the manager and issuer of the Direct Broking Call Account."

Thanks J9 ; )

Could Ace Payroll be the White Knight?

Ace owners, the Eriksens, appeared on the register recently with a million shares. They have just added to that with another 113,000.

Is it just a coincidence that 3rd Ace shareholder, Chartered Accountant, Peta Walker, is also a shareholder of Auguste Holdings? (Maybe a nominee in both).

Walker is also in a number of Companies with Aeneas O'Sullivan. Presumably in her role as partner of Berry and Walker, Chartered Accountants.

Or do the Eriksens just have an eye for a good investment?

Ears to the ground and a good bit of detective work too! Something interesting to throw in to the mix...

Guru

St Laurence is having a few problems now.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10518077

Byrnes is probably thinking about now that his cheap DPC shares are now looking rather expensive.