sharetrader
Page 567 of 840 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 8398
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    What investment is risk-free BP ? I guess the question is where does it fit on the curve ? 7.39% feels to high. Not sure we will get to 5.0% ($3.40) tho.
    One good old trucking firm [risk free.?] is paying a net yield of 1.36%.
    5% net at $3.40 would still be a good yield.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Fully imputed divies.
    So your 7.39% is net, or gross 10.7%.
    Paid quarterly too,which could be worked out to be a higher yield.
    Makes it even more compelling for a re-rate.
    I wish I could bring myself to buy more at current price.....around $2.30

What investment is risk-free BP ?
    NZ government bonds come pretty close.

I guess the question is where does it fit on the curve ? 7.39% feels to high. Not sure we will get to 5.0% ($3.40) tho.
    I guess you are saying the market is wrong and undervalues TRA. That's what the TRA board says as well, and so far they have been wrong.

What are the risks? You might lose a lot of your capital chasing these amazing dividends. Ask percy - he knows what I am talking about, and I experienced it as well first hand. Trust me - getting 10 % in dividends and losing in the same timeframe 30% in capital does not feel like a good deal - and this process might continue for some years to come.

Lots of dark clouds at the horizon ... and so far the board was busier increasing their fees than bringing the boat into safe waters.

Market certainly seems to think the risks are high ... but who knows - maybe the market is wrong? Sometimes it is - but more often it is not.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Those of us who attended Turners' presentations, know there are only "Blue Skies" ahead.

ps I have never lost any money on TRA as I have not sold any shares.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Market certainly seems to think the risks are high ... but who knows - maybe the market is wrong? Sometimes it is - but more often it is not.
    No worries with TRA ....safe as

Remember in the short run, the market is like a voting machine--tallying up which firms are popular and unpopular. But in the long run, the market is like a weighing machine--assessing the substance of a company.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Market certainly seems to think the risks are high ... but who knows - maybe the market is wrong? Sometimes it is - but more often it is not.[/QUOTE]

so who are the wise heads that control the market and most of the time get it right?

Fund Managers ?
    Insiders ?
    Brokers advising clients.
    Individual investors?

Who has the best track record?

All investors in my assessment (limited That may be) seem to wear blinkers at times.
    Last edited by Brain; 03-09-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Those of us who attended Turners' presentations, know there are only "Blue Skies" ahead.

ps I have never lost any money on TRA as I have not sold any shares.
    On that basis, Nobody have never lost any money on Fonterra as Long as they have not sold any shares?

percy

Never had anything to do with Fonterra.
    Another one of your's.?
    Last edited by percy; 03-09-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    What are the risks? You might lose a lot of your capital chasing these amazing dividends. Ask percy - he knows what I am talking about, and I experienced it as well first hand. Trust me - getting 10 % in dividends and losing in the same timeframe 30% in capital does not feel like a good deal - and this process might continue for some years to come.

I am with you BP on the capital loss....I don't like it at all either. But that's happened and to date I've decided not to crystalize the paper loss (23.6%) into a physical one. Hence my musing over where the share price might get to should they continue more or less as they are. Clearly 10% dividend is to high....IF the risks are low. And I believe the shareprice should re-rate higher.

It might take a few cycles of decent results for this to happen tho. Alternatively...maybe the market has it right and the price could drop further once it stops being supported by the Company.

RTM
    PS....I was underwater for years with Contact Energy....I see they hit $9.00 today. Now my 3rd biggest holding.

percy

I am with you BP on the capital loss....I don't like it at all either. But that's happened and to date I've decided not to crystalize the paper loss (23.6%) into a physical one. Hence my musing over where the share price might get to should they continue more or less as they are. Clearly 10% dividend is to high....IF the risks are low. And I believe the shareprice should re-rate higher.

It might take a few cycles of decent results for this to happen tho. Alternatively...maybe the market has it right and the price could drop further once it stops being supported by the Company.

RTM
    PS....I was underwater for years with Contact Energy....I see they hit $9.00 today. Now my 3rd biggest holding.
    Yes should TRA achieve good results then the share price will recover,and should TRA show they have the capacity to continue paying a high, and possibly increasing dividends then $2.75 to $3.25 will be achievable.
    The agm on the 18th will hopefully give both a trading and a strategic review update. I would not be surprised to hear they are trading very well.