sharetrader
Page 577 of 840 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 8398

Share pricevup 5% so far today ...that’s good

Punters will have to pay a lot more next week to join the party

Turners into a new age company with all this IT / analytics .....might even be valued as one

This collaboration / tech stuff done no harm to the thl share price ....so looking good for Turners
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yippee . a close of 260

Highest close since last November

I can now call my 'investment' in Turners successful ....even if not as successful if it had got to 323 as it was meant to after the half year announcement

Could be the best thing since sliced bread now

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yippee . a close of 260

I can now call my 'investment' in Turners successful ....even if not as successful if it had got to 323 as it was meant to after the half year announcement

Psssssssssst.
    Do you think the fully imputed paid quarterly October dividend will be 4cps or 5cps.?
    Must admit I will be happy with either.
    Last edited by percy; 18-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.

On the doghouse

Yippee . a close of 260

Look at the volume though Winner. Tiny number of shares being bid up. And the 'big' trade at $2.60 was not even a marketable parcel. I reckon it is bots chasing up their own trends. AGM said all divisions trading 'ahead of budget' and 'ahead of last year'. But no more detail, We could yet get a slow down. And it sounds like a big wad of cash is going to consultants to ramp up the Turners digital strategy. So 'trading ahead of budget' doesn't necessarily mean a profit increase if corporate costs balloon in parallel.

I watched the AGM movie. Grant Baker repeatedly stated he was 'committed' to the business and that it was the only 'active' investment he had at the moment. He didn't sound like a guy about to hang up his management driving gloves. He also said that of all the business he has invested in, he has enjoyed Turners the most because he liked discussing cars all day. He said he had owned 170 cars in his life, Sounds like an addiction. Do you still think is looking for an exit Winner? Mind you he said that picture of him as a child was was inside his fathers brand new VW in 1957. So Grant must be approaching 65. Looks well preserved though. I would have guessed he was at least ten years younger. Maybe Turners will be his 'semi-retirement' interest?

I thought director Martin Berry's speech on forward looking trends in car retailing was particularly interesting. The idea of Turners having the 'brand', 'capital' and 'customer base' and chasing after start ups to provide the 'technology', 'platform; and 'expertise' makes sense. But it does sound like some of these technology start up investments, like CL8 and those that follow, may end up as dead ducks. ' Failure will be tolerated' is a mantra familiar to tech investors. But whether the somewhat more conservative yield investors that are attracted to Turners will feel the same will be something to watch.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 18-09-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I'm still squirming !

Better for a closing price to be up 20 than down 20 but yes Snoopy the VWAP is only +4 for the day.
    I just realised its my biggest holding (as I've been selling down some others) so the portfolio did well today (even if this stock is still a loser for me - hence the squirming).

A price rise like this on top of recent movements off lows could be the Turnering point
    Did I mention the bullish gartley from Mar to August.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

If nothing else 260 is a great starting point for tomorrow

And the chart looks cool now,

Percy ...I reckon next divie will be 5 cents in light of those fantastic sales numbers that Todd went on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Bakers a bit embarrassing, Todds great.
    Baker was hopeless at question time ...more than embarrassing ..hard to find words to describe his performance.

Baker was hopeless at question time ...more than embarrassing ..hard to find words to describe his performance.
    Suffering from exhaust fumes inhalation from driving his Ferrari ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Paul Brynes spoke well..................lol.
    But surely the star of the show, was the old guy who got up and made a B line for the tucka, before the meeting had finished....
    Last edited by percy; 18-09-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Suffering from exhaust fumes inhalation from driving his Ferrari ?
    Standard of questions from the floor not up to last year’s standard.

Snoopy will be confused as the reply to that question as to what they are selling re finance division.