sharetrader
Page 583 of 840 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 8398
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Turners strategy of opening new branches and relocating existing branches is proving extremely successful.With further branches opening, future growth is assured.This with be further strengthened by Turners using digital sales channels and data.
    Increasing sales and market share will add to them increasing their Autosure and Oxford Finance revenues. Fine tuning of both Autosure and Oxford will see profits grow.Unfortunately they still have about 18 months of the MTF non-recourse loans losses to absorb.However property development profits will help to offset them.
    All the time those quarterly fully imputed divies just keep hitting our bank accounts,while we wait for the share price to pass through $3 on its way to $4..lol..
    Nice one percy, I'll be more than content with a 3 handle in front of sp.

I must say after reviewing the TRA share chart yesterday I considered it looking quite bullish.

I didnt buy any more though as currently holding a staggering 22% of my equity portfolio in these. And did hold even more briefly.

I drive past that Wellington one occasionally , as many people will do daily, that is a very busy stretch of road , and its great to see such a colourful bright brand being displayed.

Bring on 3.50
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Pleasing to see Todd Hunter as Turners appointment to CL8 board.
    Last edited by percy; 01-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.

The uptrend has break out. Looking good from now

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Look at the chart!

Look at that pattern!!

TRA is forming an almost perfect inverse bell-curve pattern.

This pattern, little known to all but the most devout of chartists who have spent many a year in solitude staring at the ancient squiggly lines, is very bullish to those who believe the stock is undervalued and 'a mere breather on the way to oblivion' for those who faith is weak.

But for me, the future is known, and I strike like a Snow Leopard on an Argali.

https://www.snowleopard.org/snow-leopard-facts/prey/
    7 months later and the SP is going well.

Attachment 10788
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    7 months later and the SP is going well.

Attachment 10788
    That bell-curve pattern has served you well...

TRAVNZX.jpg 2 year view v NZX50 shows quite clearly that if one is going to pounce, timing is the key.
    Some have got lucky with their timing but most have faced a very miserable performance relative to the NZX50 in recent years.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Some great shares at times have not fared too well against the NZ50 .
    MFT.........2000 to 2003.....and 2007 to 2010
    FPH.........2002 to 2003 ....and 2011 to 2013
    EBO.........2000 to 2001
    FRE..........2007 to 2010
    RYM.........2000 to 2003 ...and 2007 to 2009
    Like the above Turners "core" business [selling second hand motor vehicles in Turners case] has continued to go from strength to strength.
    Turners growth strategy is on course.
    When I stopped working I held onto, and brought more dividend paying shares, for income.Part of selection process was the companies had to have the capacity to pay increasing dividends. [GNE,HGH,MEL,SPK and TRA].Once I had my income sorted,I then sorted out my fun [growth] shares.
    The dividend payers have all increased their dividends,and the fun shares have certainly grown.
    'Game,set and match' while remaining "well positioned".
    Last edited by percy; 03-10-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Fair observation for the time period mentioned. Have any massively underperformed the NZX50 for a 7 year period ?
    TRA was (adjusted for the share consolidation some years back) $3.30 on 31/12/2012
    I think 7 years is a pretty long period to use as a measurement yardstick and objectively this stock has been an extremely poor performer over a very long period of time.
    I think its clear this company has nothing in common with the pedigree stocks you mentioned above, all of which really have been great performers over the long run.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-10-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fair observation for the time period mentioned. Have any massively underperformed the NZX50 for a 7 year period ?
    TRA was (adjusted for the share consolidation some years back) $3.30 on 31/12/2012
    I think 7 years is a pretty long period to use as a measurement yardstick and objectively this stock has been an extremely poor performer over a very long period of time.
    I think its clear this company has nothing in common with the pedigree stocks you mentioned above, all of which really have been great performers over the long run.
    Add to that the performance of its "parent" company. I guess the one good thing one can claim about Dorchester Pacific is that it survived at all, but it destroyed on the way probably 90% of its shareholder values.

Clearly not a good track record, but for sure this time it will be different.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)