sharetrader
Page 602 of 840 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 8398

Wellington site seems to be going gangbusters

Plenty of people and turnover of cars looks pretty high ...like looked like a lot of different cars on the site from what there was just before Christmas
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Carly all go soon

As they say “It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...148/315301.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Carly has got to be an exceptionally good fit for Turners. I think board and management are beginning to “hit their straps”.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Carly has got to be an exceptionally good fit for Turners. I think board and management are beginning to “hit their straps”.
    Yes they does seem to be finally tracking in right direction.

And today is the last day to buy in to be eligible to get 4c divvy.

Love it going to hit 3 soon

Tracking in the right direction for several months, a fully imputed dividend of 17 cents and a yield of 8.2% (based on dividends from April 2019 - January 2020 and current SP of $2.88) - heck I might just put this back on my watchlist.

I will be interested to see how Carly pans out. From my understanding it's being going for nine months in Australia, but I can't seem to find any figures on how successful it is there.

Guru

I sold out of my TRA holding at $2.90 ending my relatively short involvement as a shareholder (former bondholder) in TRA - while the dividends are great and I came out with a pretty small capital gain, at this price (around $3) I see it 'pretty fully valued' (for now) with not much room to grow capital gain wise or dividend wise for the immediate period.

Good luck to all holders.

(note: despite my name, I am not actually a trader lol so I don't sell out often)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-01-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Carly release says “subscription concept still new” but seems a lot like car rental which a pretty stodgy well trodden business with very low barriers to entry and lots of low cost operators. Hard to see a high return on equity being achieved/sustained.
    If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck .... it clearly is car rental - just focusing on the time frame between short term rental (with plenty of competition) and long term car lease (with plenty of competition).

Expect significant setup cost if they want to be attractive (client interface, insurance interface, mechanical staff to keep the cars on the road) - and yes, margin squeeze from above competition to be expected.

As well - Turners normal clientele unlikely to go for the high end cars - i.e. just another car rental company renting out cheap old bangers. Just wondering who will insure these cars? If insurance is independent of the drivers history (as usual with rental cars), than it will be too expensive for people with a good driving record but people with poor driving record will be flocking in. Hope for S/H that it is not Turners providing the cover.

I think TJ timed his exit well ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I think you underestimate the subscription model appeal to younger generations.

As for insurance, it's included in the price, same as maintenance, road side assistance and certain amount of "free" kilometers.

So you get a car for $115/$133/$147(not NZ prices) a week and don't have to do anything. https://www.carly.co/subscription-plans/

This is not something I'd go for, but I can see a big market for this among younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Expect significant setup cost if they want to be attractive (client interface, insurance interface, mechanical staff to keep the cars on the road) - and yes, margin squeeze from above competition to be expected.
    I'd say almost zero setup cost will be necessary, as they actually work with Carly who have everything setup. All they'll need for NZ is data entry.