sharetrader
Page 608 of 841 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 8410

No word from Todd Turner since late November about financial performance

Everything must be going tickety boo

Shame share price down about 50% from recent highs
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No word from Todd Turner since late November about financial performance

Everything must be going tickety boo

Shame share price down about 50% from recent highs
    Makes a bit of a mockery of the continuous disclosure rules one would think. Or maybe Turners really are not straying outside their guidance. Now that would be a boost.

i am struggling to see how they will pay there debts back if car auctions decline. who wants to buy a car for starters in this environment ( you have to assume there biggest market is lower paid people and they are the ones to be affected the most at the moment) and who wants to be in a crowd of people sweating and yelling and possibly spraying corona spray every where why they bidding for there car
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i am struggling to see how they will pay there debts back if car auctions decline. who wants to buy a car for starters in this environment ( you have to assume there biggest market is lower paid people and they are the ones to be affected the most at the moment) and who wants to be in a crowd of people sweating and yelling and possibly spraying corona spray every where why they bidding for there car
    People generally always buy cars and forget paying their other debts.

The model has changed from 100% auctions to being c60-70% retail though, and the remaining auctions can be attended online. So a much different proposition than what it was a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by MJordan23 View Post
    The model has changed from 100% auctions to being c60-70% retail though, and the remaining auctions can be attended online. So a much different proposition than what it was a few years ago
    fair point , still the market served is probably more based at the lower end of the income spectrum hence the most affected in this environment.
    I think in hindsight not doing the share buyback for the benefit of the largest s/h's would have been better. repaying high levels of debt would have been the best option in hindsight
    Last edited by bull....; 20-03-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

I think in hindsight not doing the share buyback … would have been better.
    It quite clear that directors are not necessarily good investors/speculators.

but its not just Turners is it? Share buybacks have been massif. bro.
    I was always a bit uneasy about them as a financial engineering tool that seemed to create money from nothing (no one mention Dire Straits) , but they became such a common thing that one got inured to them.
    That's what 11 year bull markets do they gradually desensitise you to risk. Of course a company shouldn't buy its own shares until at least it has no debt at all.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    It quite clear that directors are not necessarily good investors/speculators.

but its not just Turners is it? Share buybacks have been massif. bro.
    I was always a bit uneasy about them as a financial engineering tool that seemed to create money from nothing (no one mention Dire Straits) , but they became such a common thing that one got inured to them.
    That's what 11 year bull markets do they gradually desensitise you to risk. Of course a company shouldn't buy its own shares until at least it has no debt at all.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
    Last edited by percy; 20-03-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

you can say it Percy don't be shy
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

There is a thread on Share Buy Backs.[Thought there was?]
    It is in The Newbie's Corner .
    I think that is a better place to discuss them,rather than in this thread.
    Last edited by percy; 22-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.